It's just too hot

monkeygirl

I like hot weather, I always have. But when it's hot all the time, even at night in the damn dark, it weighs on you! There's nothing I can do but stay in air conditioning or the pool. I admit, it's nice to have a pool but gat DAMN, IT'S HOT.

Is it damn hot where you are too? I hear we don't get relief in Florida until November.

I've been to Arizona to visit relatives and it was awful in the summer. I think it was hotter at night than the daytime, it was like the heat just emanated off the pavement! Dry heat, my butt! Doesn't matter if it's like 100+. It's finally cooled off here, only in the 70s and not humid finally.

• 1 month later...

We maybe getting relief next weekend when it drops to 80+ during the day. I've been gardening like crazy but the heat is really making some of my plants struggle and because we're in a drought I can't water them as much. My string beans I planted from seed only had two plants survive. The lettuce is wilting. It's damn depressing. 

I bought a chenille plant which I ADORE but it's high maintenance. Apparently it would do well in Florida as it like humidity, early sun and dappled shade and not getting below 60 degrees.

Yeah, I see those a lot here.

Nine out of 10 of my mondo grass has died and the one that's still alive is struggling. I may try to plant some again soon and see if starting out  during cooler weather makes a difference

I don't have dappled shade-mine comes in blocks.

I miss gardening.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, monkeygirl said:

I like hot weather, I always have. But when it's hot all the time, even at night in the damn dark, it weighs on you! There's nothing I can do but stay in air conditioning or the pool. I admit, it's nice to have a pool but gat DAMN, IT'S HOT.

Is it damn hot where you are too? I hear we don't get relief in Florida until November.

The heat stays for the most part until November. The humidity becomes a lot more bearable. October is usually when my electric bill goes down lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.