WrestleMania 40

Metropolis

I figured why not give this is own thread. I have to say I'm underwhelmed by the stage. It looks good, but when you're touting XL it looks a lot smaller than last year's set on LA. Whatever. I'm going to give my predictions later today.

I think the card is set at this point.

Night One:

Rey Mysterio/Dragon Lee vs. Dirty Dom/Santos Escobar 

Bianca/Naomi/Jade vs Damage Ctrl

Six Pack Tag Team Ladder Match

Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso

Sami Zayn vs Gunther

Becky Lynch vs Rhea Ripley 

Cody/Seth vs Rock/Roman

Night Two:

Bobby Lashley/Street Profits vs The Final Testament 

LA Knight vs AJ Styles

Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton vs Logan Paul

Bayley vs Iyo Sky

Drew McIntyre vs Seth Rollins

Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns 

The Battle Royals are tonight. I don't think they're going to try and shoe horn in another match tonight.

Night One predictions

Rey Mysterio/Andrade vs Dirty Dom/Santos Escobar 

Dom and Escobar. Carlito is turning on Rey. You could see it tonight. 

Naomi/Bianca/Jade vs Damage Ctrl

There is no way Jade loses. No way. 

Six pack ladder match

I thought Michael Cole made it seem like both sets of belts were up for grabs. Them the rumor mills seized on the same thing. So going off that premise I'm going to say DIY for Raw and the Awesome Truth for SmackDown 

Jimmy Uso vs Jey Uso

Subvert expectations. A Jey Uso win kills any real feud. A Jimmy Uso win keeps the feud going because everyone thinks Jey is the obvious pick.

Sami Zayn vs Gunther 

Everyone thinks it's time for Gunther to go on a world title chase. Sami isn't the one to dethrone him imo.  Gunther keeps the belt. 

Becky Lynch vs Rhea Ripley 

If Rhea wins she doesn't have a credible opponent for a while. So I'm going Becky on this even though I think Rhea should retain

Cody/Seth vs Rock/Roman

There's no way the Rock loses this. Plus Bloodline Rules sets up Cody's biggest hurdle. Rock/Roman

The ladder match is one of my the tougher calls. If they're going to split up the titles again you might as well go two new champs. The Judgement Day are still a possibility but why? The New Day would tie them again with the Usos, but once again why? New Catch Republic would shock the world so that might be a good small dollar bet. A Town Down Under? If you're splitting up the belts it means you're trying to reboot the division you would think. Stop giving the titles to two guys tagging instead of an actual tag team. DIY are HHH's boys and a run would get them over better. The Awesome Truth contradicts what i said about Waller/Theory. But it plays into Truth getting his revenge on The Judgement Day. It also allows for a short title run while rewarding Truth for making the most out of what little he is given.

The first two matches on Stand and Deliver were fantastic, though I think Dijak should’ve won the belt. He could’ve pinned Briggs (who really stood out too) and Oba would’ve been just fine.

Thea is one of the most over women on the roster. Either give her the new women’s NA title or push her straight into a feud with Roxanne.

Ilja might be the best wrestler on the planet right now

I know Trick is the next heir apparent in NXT, and for good reason, but he’s just not there in the ring yet. He’s light years better than a couple years ago, but Carmelo really outshined him in this match. I was a bit disappointed by it, unfortunately 

EDIT: oh, and Giulia! Great get for WWE

Stand and Deliver, Takeover, NXT always outs on a great PLE. I'm still at work so all i got to see was the entrance for the women's title match. I saw Guilia with Regal. Once again the women need their own show. To supplement Raw and SmackDown. You can't have this much talent and only so much time to play with them.

I was skeptical, but now I'm sure of it. The audio mix is not crowd heavy. That's why the audience seems dead. It was not loud during the Jey Uso entrance even though the crowd was Yeeting. It hasn't been that loud for Cody/Seth. They have to fix that for tomorrow.

Bloodline Rules. That was the only real given of the night. Except the women's six man tag. 

But a bad night one. Not a great one either. Becky-Rhea March of the night? LWO/Legado a close second?

No one turned on anybody, no surprise interference from returning stars or new signees (the Kelce one doesn’t count as he’s not on the roster, just the yearly NFL player gets involved skit, we’ve had Gronk, last year it was George Kittle and now this.) Every match was just straight up as advertised. Kinda weird actually.

Also, someone in creative REALLY got into Rocky III because of the show being in Philly I guess. Last week Sami gave the “I’m afraid!” speech that Rocky gave to Adrian on the beach. Then last night before the match Chad Gable told Sami after it’s over he’ll owe him a huge favor, like Apollo did to Rocky after training him for his rematch with Clubber Lang. And finally during the match, Corey Graves  commented that Sami fights great but Gunther is a great fighter, another line said by Apollo at the end of Rocky III.

Match of the night is a tie between Ripley-Lynch and Gunther-Zayn. I thought the Six Women tag match was the worst because it was very clunky and didn’t live up to the potential of the participants. So it was a big letdown. 

Night two predictions

He'll i only got 2 and a half right in night one. It's a good thing i don't gamble.

Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits - just get this feud over with. Lashley and the Profits are hurt more by a loss. 

LA Knight- a loss hurts LA Knight more than AJ

Logan Paul- my heart tells me Randy Orton. For some reason I u just don't see Paul dropping the belt yet

Bayley- the first true WrestleMania moment of WM 40. It's out money in this one

Drew McIntyre- this one has me still guessing. It makes sense for Drew to win. He's been accusing Seth of doing too much before their match. Sure enough he limped out of last night's match. He's not healthy. There's your out. Here's the thing i didn't think this match ends without Damien Priest trying to cash in. Does Priest screw Seth and Drew by default by cashing in like Seth did against Roman?

Cody- this is the only way this night can end. There will be shenanigans, but no surprises. Finish that story!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.