2018 Mid-term elections!

Ms. Spam

Really? Before he popped off a month ago Obama's acolytes have been been claiming that the economy want getting better under Obama's watch. He was the one that dragged is it of the recession. It's like your kid piling the car out of the driveway, you drive half way across the country to Grandma's house, and your kid claiming "remember who got the trip started".

No, it really isn't and it's a situation that doesn't need an analogy to dumb it down and make it understandable. It's simply a fact. No matter how complete or incomplete, no matter the sluggishness of gdp growth, RECOVERY STARTED in Obama's terms. The US economy isn't analogous to car driven to Grandma's house. THAT is a simple, straight line.
No one has argued that it didn't start under Obama. The argument is that the economy isn't where it is because of him, and he shouldn't even insert himself in the conversation. You'll say that's not what he meant and round and round we go. You can't say these goals aren't attainable, and want credit when the goals are being acheived.

Guest El Chalupacabra

But you only get credit for the good news. When it's bad news, it's the other guy's fault! That's how US Politics works, isn't it?

Every democrat running for national office has been called a minion of Nancy Pelosi. Like seriously. You think these people are like plotting the evils of the world and they're just kissing babies and shaking hands and wanting to stop climate change and let people be people. It's like the ascribe all this stuff to Hillary and Pelosi and yet they have this double standard where they don't want the wrong gender in the bathroom but four women accuse their SCOTUS candidate of terrible things and it's "LETS STAND WITH THE WHITE DUDE GETTING SMEARED BY THE EVIL DEMOCRATS!" It is like they don't even comprehend the world around them.

Every democrat running for national office has been called a minion of Nancy Pelosi. Like seriously. You think these people are like plotting the evils of the world and they're just kissing babies and shaking hands and wanting to stop climate change and let people be people. It's like the ascribe all this stuff to Hillary and Pelosi and yet they have this double standard where they don't want the wrong gender in the bathroom but four women accuse their SCOTUS candidate of terrible things and it's "LETS STAND WITH THE WHITE DUDE GETTING SMEARED BY THE EVIL DEMOCRATS!" It is like they don't even comprehend the world around them.

You are the crazy person here. I have no double standard on this issue. Have you heard me call for Keith Ellison's life to be ruined? Where is the ***** Hat Posse that needs no evidence?

You are the crazy person here. I have no double standard on this issue. Have you heard me call for Keith Ellison's life to be ruined? Where is the ***** Hat Posse that needs no evidence?

I don't dispute that I am not crazy. But from the way it looks everyone's losing their minds. Trump lovers are just as crazy. I haven't called for anyone to die.

It looks like right now McSally is tracking ahead of Sinema, so we may see a 50-50 senate.

If Republicans manage to maintain either Arizona and Nevada, I don't think it's realistic that Democrats will make any gains this year. Those two seats are the low-hanging fruit and winning both of them will likely only get them to 50/50 thanks to N. Dakota's likely swinging to the Republican column.

There are only two other races where they're within spitting distance, Tennessee and Texas to make it up. And both of those states are fairly long shots. On top of that, they'd also have to protect at least four highly vulnerable seats in states that Trump won.

If Arizona stays red, it probably means that Republicans will be picking netting a couple seats by the end of the night.

Oh gosh, this is why people hate the media. Trump goes up to Ohio. What do politicians do when they go somewhere? They praise the local heroes of course. So he talks about how great Grant was. He's not wrong, Grant is awesome! And a part of Grant's story is his whooping of Lee. Trump does what anyone does when telling the story. He talks up the antagonist. He says Lee whooped a conga line of Union generals before Grant got there and says he was a great general. Trump is not wrong about this either (Meade aside).

Now we get to hear about how Trump thinks Lee was great. And how it reflects Republican race issues. Look, Trump has said many questionable things about race. But criticizing him for saying that Lee was a "great general" when he was talking up Grant is ridiculous.

But whatever, new rules. The South was filled with completely incompetent commanders too busy being racist to give orders and were rolled over by Union forces with ease. The only reason it took four years to do it was just because Lincoln wanted to give them a sporting chance.

We're still a bit of ways out, but it looks like things are consolidating to a solid win for the Democrats in the House and a solid win for Republicans in the Senate (Tennessee, Texas, and Arizona all appear to be moving towards the Republican column). Democrats picking up a bit more than half a dozen governors, along with several state legislatures.

So, kinda where we could have predicted four months ago.

Things are crystallizing on the Senate half of things where I think we can say with near confidence that Democrats are going to come up short and will likely lose a seat or two. The latest polling of all the races Democrats are targeting for pickup (Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee, and Texas) shows them behind. Remember, with North Dakota pretty much out of reach, they've got to pick up at least 3 of those seats. Not going to happen without something shifting on the ground.

Worse, the October surprises seem to all be falling against Democrats what with Kavanaugh waking up Republican voters, videos surfacing, and O'Keefe being the low-level punk he is. The closest to a break Democrats have gotten was Hurricane Michael shredding through Republican territory here in Florida. Oh, and the Florida Supreme Court stripped Rick Scott of his power to name their replacements (despite one of the retiring hyper-liberal judges being named by the outgoing Democrat governor before Jeb Bush took office because Bush knew he would have lost at the time).

The worst has to be Arizona's Sinema, of whom it seems there's a video coming out ever other day with her bashing the state of Arizona, celebrating a lawyer who basically tried to use attorney-client privilege as a cover for passing messages between terrorists, and basically being far to the left of how she's portrayed herself. I gotta hand it to McSally's campaign. They seem to have done their opposition research on their opponent and just sat on it until the best possible time to take her out.

Edit:

I should also say that the "Jobs Not Mobs" closing argument is one of the better political slogans I've seen in awhile. That theme should persist into 2020.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.