2018 Mid-term elections!

Ms. Spam

Not going to lie. Before I could give two shits about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Why would I really care about a congressman from a district not even in my state. I'd don't know half of the congressmen in Florida. Her latest retort for people asking her questions she can't answer really got to me though. "Until Team Lets Make a Space Force, Build Child Concentration Camps, & Give $2 Trillion to the Rich explain how they finance their mass cruelty, they havent earned the right to ask how we pay for peoples healthcare." Get the hell out of here. You're the newb that decided to take up the mantle of new Democratic voices. You bit off more than you could chew and you couldn't just say no comment. You attack those that ask you the questions.

I hope this girl loses. It's not going to be the Republican because that guy is a mess. But Joe Crawley is still on the ballot. I'd laugh my ass off if he won.

She's going to hit a steep learning curve and it's only uphill from there.

I'm just hoping Beto comes close to winning. I'm going downtown and honking my horn if he does win and acting a fool and it's going to be like my team won the World Series, the Stanley Cup and the SuperBowl if Beto pulls this off.

Over 500,000 people voted in my city alone so far. That's pretty good for a city of 1.512 million people.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I there are going to be a lot of mail in ballots, so we may not know who wins a lot of races for a couple days. Recounts notwithstanding.

HA! I teased my niece the other day on Facebook by linking to a story of her advocating for a Democrat and saying NOW I LIKE HER.

I wonder if Ted Cruz will concede?

Arizona is still grey on the Times map. I haven't seen changes on that one but they don't start reporting for another 34 minutes I think.

I had an acquaintance today ask me who I voted for. I never talk politics outside of family. A little at work with certain co workers. I told him Desantis and he asked if I was one of those Trump boys. He asked how I couldn't give for Gillam. Should I have voted for Gillam just because he is black? I asked him who were the three previous governors before Rick Scott. He could only name Jeb Bush. I mean come on! He couldn't name the flipper Charlie Crist. And he couldn't name Lawton Chiles. There is an elementary school with his name on it less than 10 miles away! I said 3 because that's how many we've had since I've been old enough to vote. And I voted for Chiles. Democrats were different back then. Now they're so liberal that I can't get behind them.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Glad to see the House went to the dems. May mean more gridlock, but at least Trump doesn't have a rubber stamp in the House. I hope the dems are smart enough to NOT make Pelosi speaker again, but somehow, I doubt it.

McSally edging out Sinema at 49.3% VS 48.5%, but only 75% of the vote is in.

Guest El Chalupacabra

That's the irony. Trump didn't have a rubber stamp with this House. I pray that this doesn't become a cluster. I don't know the numbers and how they played out, but the GOP was hurt by some of the retirements. I know a few of those seats were flipped.

Not really irony. Just making a statement that the House is dem controlled, despite what Trump was running around and saying days before the election.

Become a cluster? Hasn't it been one for at least a decade and a half?

But here is some irony for you. In the McSally/Sinema race, Sinema is trailing barely, but the Green Party candidate, who is named Angela Green, is pretty much the reason Sinema probably won't win. They are saying too close to call, but 99% of the votes are in at this point.

I was surprised that DeWine won by such a large margin. I was expecting a win but a little closer. Although it wasn't that exciting of a race and it didn't get a ton of coverage. I voted third party as a protest, but really either would've been reasonably good for me as a state employee. With Cordray we probably wouldn't have had to fight so much to not lose raises or have insurance premiums double (both were issues with the last union contract) but DeWine is likely to keep things pretty much the same for us. I wonder if he'll appoint all new people or if our director will stay in place. (I work for a state agency, in case you didn't know).

Beto had a great audition for a national election, and I fully expect to see his running for the Dem nomination. Young, exciting, and already popular outside of Texas AND able to fundraise? Could be interesting, especially since Trump can't really argue that he doesn't have enough experience since he had no public service experience.

Forgive me for paying attention to the Texas Senate race, but what is the big deal with Robert? His mama call him Robert, I'm gone call him Robert.

What's wrong with Rafael?

Lying Rafael doesn't roll off the tongue does it? Plus he was born in Canada. You think he would trying to play to the Hispanic population in Texas. Also I don't get to use that Arsenio Hall line often here.

Update: my wife taught on the border in Texas for six years. She just told me where Beto comes from.

Yeah, I don't think much of it really. A name is a name. My kids at school have a hard time with Miss so I hear "MEEEESE MMMMMMMMEEEEEESE" and think it's my name. I've never poked fun at Ted's name nor have I ever made fun of Trumps original name, Drumph.

Some shake ups are happening now. Trump asked Sessions to resign. I swear to GAWD Pelosi better not become leader in the house. She needs to GO. We need positive energy and moving forward not looking backward.

Bernie won. I wonder to this moment how long that old man will last.

But my question was what makes him a big deal? I just never followed that race. I've heard people call him Kennedy like. He has the driving record. He's being touted as a 2020 hopeful even if he lost. Which he did. Is he a big deal, or does he standout because he's more charismatic than Rafael?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.