Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

UK and Texascat have a great match going on currently. UK has the 8-1 lead as it stands now (before a ton of games this weekend) but each category is still up for grabs, the margin is very thin in that game.

If Ex can get a 7-2 or 8-1 win over Brad, then Team Carr's reign atop the Bird Division will likely be short as it looks like 6-3 will be the best I can do this week.

UK has had a full roster Tuesday and Thursday nights with all the Boston Celtics on his team. Dwayne Wade is only playing twice this week, and now I have Derrick Rose on DTD with his spicy food diet. Its not looking good for my team this week............

Very interesting week!

Team Carr over Yosemite Sams (7-2)

Kemah Schemers over Gold Coast Rollers (6-3)

Yorkshire Terriers over Highlight Reel (5-3-1)

Rock's Ballers over Irish Micks (6-3)

Nightmares over Motown Macks (6-3)

The top spot in the league will be up for grabs during this next week, as any one of the top four could take hold.

That's true. I always forget about that... because I hate turnovers lol. My luck I'll lose that one anyway :lol:

Out of curiosity's sake (and to make sure I wasn't remembering incorrectly) I checked our game totals in past matches, in reverse order he's had: 4 more, 5 more, 2 less, 3 more, 2 more, 2 less, 8 more, 6 more. Now that is quirky!

AWESOME FOURSOME

TERRIERS STRIKE BACK AGAINST DIVISION RIVALS

Something big has hit the NBF this season. A small, furry something big. The Yorkshire Terriers have just managed to complete a four game winning streak over all of their divisional opponents putting them solidly in the running for a play-off spot in just their first year of competition in the NBF. The Micks, Ballers, Rollers and now the Highlight Reel have been defeated in what Terriers management have called the 'January Jamboree'. Ticket sales have soared and now the Terriers are playing to full houses all across the country, recently dishing out their attractive brand of basketball in Manchester and London.

The Terriers opened the new year in style by travelling across to complete a regular season sweep of the Micks in their home stadium. A great moment for the talented rookie head coach, GM and owner, who has this to say after the victory over the Micks "We really did plan this one out, especially with our first ever game being against them. I knew we could win, I've had Irish's number for a long time. His mom's too."

With things going to plan the Terriers flew back across the pond to face Antipodean opponents and delivered a 6-3 win to tie the inaurgral Ashes contest between the two teams. The Ballers were next to touch down in the UK and arrived to a considerably hostile welcome at Heathrow airport. Hundreds of angry Terriers fans lined the arrivals hall and barked for 25 solid minutes until the Ballers' talisman Amare Stoudemire finally snapped, throwing basketballs into the crowd and running to the limo. Rock LeDoux put the defeat of the Ballers later in the week down to this 'aggressive tactic' and claimed that NBF officials should look into the conduct of Terriers fans over the course of the season.

"Duuuuuuh....they really got to us....like ummmm.....yeah" was all Rock could managed before he toppled under the weight of his ridiculous Uberbowl trophy winners attire and began to sob uncontrollably about the loss of Eric Gorden, who went down with an injury in the final game of the series.

The Terriers finished with a win against the unlikeliest of opponents. The Highlight Reel have been going well throughout the season and looked to be running away with the lead in the Jordan conference. However the Terriers fought bravely and with a bit of luck managed to come out on top against the Reel, who were missing Dwayne Wade for some of the week after surgery to get LeBron James' head removed from his ass. Still it came down to a nervous final day but Rajon Rondo put up a massive 16 points to push the Terriers to a 5-3-1 victory. Rondo and Devin Harris combined for 72 assists between them, whilst Hickson and Garnett both laid on 36 rebounds. Clinical shooting from both the field and charity stripe helped to cement the Terriers victory and the all round performance was sealed with 33 three pointers, 10 of which came from Danilo Gallinari who put up 78 points over the week.

What next for the Terriers? They travel to face the Schemers, hoping to avenge a 7-2 loss early in the season and to tie up the three game series 1-1.As GM Ryan Edwardson said after the Reel vitory "Hopefully we can continue their good form and keep hold of a place in the playoffs. That would be a complete over achievement in our first year."

I swear every time I play Rock there's some weird scheduling quirk that puts me at a disadvantage. He's slated to have 4 more games than me this week, that's a pretty substantial amount. Hope we can overcome, it would be a shame to get tripped up now.

I wouldn't call it a shame, per say. :)

I outsmarted myself tonight, I swapped Danny Granger (who has a 2/3 chance of shooting 42% and a 1/3 chance of shooting 55%) for Nene (always shoots high %) on one of the nights where Granger lights it up. D'oh! And of course it's on a night where Rock's guys shoot a blistering % on a high number of shots. It'll be an interesting Sat and Sun.

Guest saraceejay

A fantasy sport is a game where participants act as owners to build a team that competes against other fantasy owners based on the statistics generated by the real individual players or teams of a professional sport.

craigslist florida

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.