Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Sorry to dampen you're excitement mate, but sadly Captain Jack is not back until the final few episodes of this series (final 3 I think?). The preview at the end of that episode was for all the remaining episodes of the series because of the 1 week break.

Why are we on a break? Good question. The powers that be would prefer to show the Eurovision song contest instead. Probably the baddiest, cheesiest programme in the world.

I like your style pal! Hope you have a good one.

The next epsiode looks quite interesting - it's called "42" and the tag line looks to be "Events occur in Real time"!! Yep, from what I've read, it's in the style of 24, so we'll see how that works out.

Wait....whats the anagram?

MISTER SAXON = MASTER NO. SIX

There have been 5 actors to play the Master so far:

1. Roger Delgado (71-73)

2. Peter Pratt (The Deadly Assassin - mid 70's)

3. Geoffrey Beevers (Keeper of Traken - 1980. Same story as when number 4 took over)

4. Anthony Ainley (80-89)

5. Eric Robers (The movie)

Tasty!!

Also, there was a teaser in the first episode at the end just before she entered the Tardis:

In the preview for the rest of the series, do you remember seeing an actor standing outside the Houses of Parliament?

Wait....whats the anagram?

MISTER SAXON = MASTER NO. SIX

There have been 5 actors to play the Master so far:

1. Roger Delgado (71-73)

2. Peter Pratt (The Deadly Assassin - mid 70's)

3. Geoffrey Beevers (Keeper of Traken - 1980. Same story as when number 4 took over)

4. Anthony Ainley (80-89)

5. Eric Robers (The movie)

Tasty!!

Ahhhhh. See had I actually known the numbers I woulda got that ;)

• 3 weeks later...

why!?!? why do they have to break things up like this!?!? id be okay with a really long episode :) ...lol...of course i wouldnt mind long episodes every week...or several times a week

Yeah, it's a good book, and they translated it well for the first part the other day.

Here's a nice take on one of the pages in the book the 'Headmaster' had wrote.

Liked seeing this image in the programme, particularly showing Paul McGann, the forgotton Doctor, so prominently. I'd love it if they did a story which somehow featured him and the current Doctor, and (ideally) showed him regenerating into Ecclestone at the end. Would tie some loose ends up nicely.

I know Paul McGann said that he was quite willing to do a regeneration to kick the first series of this new run off, but Russell T Davis wisely thought that this would be far too complicated for new viewers to the show (which is what let the '96 movie down alot).

I'm sure Ecclestone wouldn't mind doing a cameo role or maybe a bit more.

Yeah, it's a good book, and they translated it well for the first part the other day.

Here's a nice take on one of the pages in the book the 'Headmaster' had wrote.

Liked seeing this image in the programme, particularly showing Paul McGann, the forgotton Doctor, so prominently. I'd love it if they did a story which somehow featured him and the current Doctor, and (ideally) showed him regenerating into Ecclestone at the end. Would tie some loose ends up nicely.

I know Paul McGann said that he was quite willing to do a regeneration to kick the first series of this new run off, but Russell T Davis wisely thought that this would be far too complicated for new viewers to the show (which is what let the '96 movie down alot).

I'm sure Ecclestone wouldn't mind doing a cameo role or maybe a bit more.

This was a great episode, best of the season so far. I had never read the book it's based upon so it was all surprises for me. I'm dying to see how it ends this Saturday.

Also, re that notebook: That will finally shut up those folks who claim that the new series is not in the same continuity as the old one.

Under spoilers just in case.

I thought 42 was okay, but really, it was pretty dull and bland. Also a lot of rehashing of bits of The Satan Pit from last year, without all the good stuff. Watchable enough, but too formulaic.

Human Nature on the other hand I absolutely loved! Even if the matron was behaving indecorously for 1913.

I can't see Ecclestone doing it for a while he just about fitted a little cameo in Heroes, He's going into films (and so he should).

Agreed, but a series of Who is a long shoot, and he could slot something in during this time - it only needs to be as brief as David Tennant's appearance at the end of series 1. "Oh yeah - Barcelona!"

(that was shot seperately anyway - months after Piper had shot her reaction shots to the regeneration).

Also, re that notebook: That will finally shut up those folks who claim that the new series is not in the same continuity as the old one.

Daleks?

Cybermen?

Sonic screwdriver?

Sarah Jane?

K-9?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.