Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

USA officialy got series 2 last night.

I have to say i really enjoyed Tennant-- but Davies needs to start writing him differently than the way he wrote Eccelson's Doctor. They go through the same pattern of I'M LOVABLE AND CUTE! I'M A GENIUS BUT ECCENTRIC! NOW I'M DEADLY SERIOUS!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Catherine Tate can go bum a monkey for all I care about she she acts. I hate the woman.

Comics in a non-comedy show = bad idea

I'm going to watch Runaway Bride this weekend.

I've never seen Catherine Tate in anything, though her show is on BBCA. I spend a lot of time on gallifreyone.net and I've never see one positive thing ever said about her. How did she get so popular in the UK if she's so hated?

Saw the final 3 episodes of Torchwood and the xmas Who special this weekend as I was abroad for christmas this year.

Torchwood - absolutely brilliant. Really enjoyed the whole series, and the last 2 episodes in were fantasic. What a cliff hanger!! Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it! If you hadn't heard about it, it's a series set in Cardiff at the new Torchwood institute, and features Captain Jack Harkness from the series before last (the 9th Doctor)

Runaway Bride - had major doubts about Catherine Tate in the role like many did, but on the whole I'd say she wasn't bad in the story. Bit too over the top to being with, but I enjoyed in regardless. The Tardis / Taxi chase sequence up the motorway was very well done.

Damn that Catherine Tate can't act. She shouted her lines in nearly every scene she was in. I suppose she was a great throw-away character but i'm glad that she's not going to be the Doc's new assistant.

In relation to the new assistant - wasn't that the girl from Torchwood in the cyber vs daleks storyline?

Oh I definitely couldn't have handled her being a regular companion. As a one off though, she was fine.

Yep, you're dead right - the new companion was in the first part of the series 2 double episode finale. She plays a new character in series 3 - Martha Jones. as with Rose, there will be a family that will crop up every now and then. Not sure if that's a good thing. They might have wanted to do something different. Ah well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/n.../03/36241.shtml

• 2 weeks later...
She was in Army of Ghosts, but it's a different character.

Incidentally, Qwen in Torchwood was in one of Nine's episodes, but I can't remember the name right now, playing a character called Gwynneth or something (who had a connection with the Rift).

Exactly. And Torchwood was established right on top of where the Rift in was in "The Unquiet Dead" which was the name of the episode you're referencing. It all ties in nicely.

• 1 month later...
Guest McShane79

Rumour has it that the new 3rd series will start in the UK on Saturday 26th March - just a few short weeks away!

And if that wasn't enough, I've heard that there will be 2 episodes on the 26th to kick the series off! The first is "Smith & Jones" and introduces Martha Jones, the Doc's new companion (the Smith part of the title is the name the Doctor sometimes goes by, but I'm sure you all know that, so I'll be quiet).

Not sure what the second one is called, but at some point in this series, The Face of Bo will appear - remember in the second series episode New Earth when he said he'd meet the Doctor for a third and final time and reveal something important? What will it be... (might have something to do with Gman's hidden spoiler above, but I don't know!)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.