Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

Which won't work. It'll just confuse everyone.

This kind of casting thing has happened hundreds of times in sci-fi. Give the fans a little bit of credit.

Ryn, thse are people that watch BBC1. We aint that smart!

Doomsdaywas fecking brilliant! That was Tennant's episode along with the evil French robots one. The way Rose is taken out of the series is great. Billie really did bring something else to the Assistant's role that none that before her have, no matter what you say.

Okay, so it goes something like this. But be warned, I'm pretty much spoiling the whole thing here!

[hide]There are millions of Cybermen, and inside the Genesis Ark the Daleks have, are many, many more Daleks (it was a prison built by the Timelords). Pete and Mickey and Jake have come through to this world to help.

The Doctor realises that anything that has traverses the void (through dimensions) has a kind of void signature. The Cybermen and Daleks have more, as they spent a long time there. He realises that to close the breach between worlds, he needs to reverse it, which will suck everything with void dust into the void. To stop the other people going in, they should go back to Pete's world and stay there. Once closed, there would be no way back. Jackie is going with them, even though she has no dust. The Doctor plans to avoid annihilation by clinging desparately on to one of the magnet things.

Rose won't leave him, so he sends her anyway, when she's not paying attention. But she activates the button to go back to help anyway. The Doctor and Rose activate the levers then hang on, as the Daleks and cybermen zoom through the breach. But something goes wrong on Rose's side, and the lever starts to slip. She puts it back, but is losing her grip. The Doctor tries to reach her, but can't, and Rose eventually lets go.

Before she goes into the void, Pete jumps quickly into this world, and takes her back. The breach closes almost straight away. Doctor stands around looking emo. Rose weeps and wails and stamps her feet. (I cry lots)

Later, Rose has a dream that she needs to go to Norway. There she sees a projection of the Doctor who is using the energy of a supernova to project himself through a small hole that is about to close. They have a long and tearful goodbye scene. (I bawled again) Rose declares her love. Doctor appears to be about to, but then the projection cuts out. Doctor cries emo tears. Then sees Catherine Tate in a wedding dress on the Tardis and gets all confused.[/hide]

So there you have it!

I finally got caught up last nite on all my episodes. Doomsday was really great and good tear jerker! My wife cried at the end. I kept expecting to see the Face of Bo at the end because of the stuff he said in New Earth.

Billie and David had thier best moment together and really showed they coud act. I will miss Mickey and Jacki as well.

By the way the cliffhanger at the end of Army of Ghosts was so classic, just like those old Who's of days gone by, brilliant.

She has a comedy show, using comedy in the loosest sense of the word. Its a sketch show, but its so ****ing crap its unbelievable.

Theres one sketch to do with a teenager and all she says is 'Yeah, but am I bothered??' in a stupid voice. So now you can't say the word bothered anymore because people start talking about that stupid ****ing sketch.

That is just one persons biased opinion of course.

She has a comedy show, using comedy in the loosest sense of the word. Its a sketch show, but its so ****ing crap its unbelievable.

Theres one sketch to do with a teenager and all she says is 'Yeah, but am I bothered??' in a stupid voice. So now you can't say the word bothered anymore because people start talking about that stupid ****ing sketch.

That is just one persons biased opinion of course.

So I take it she's no Jennifer Saunders (who I find very funny)?

To be fair I think Catherine Tate's show is quite funny myself, but it is based on the same few characters with their catchphrases that can get repetitive. Am worried about her being in Dr Who though...

I enjoyed the final episode alot - my only (VERY minor) critisicm would be that they got to a great position about 10 minutes into Doomsday but it was resolved very quickly. Would have been nice to have an extra episode in this story line maybe.

Loved the banter between the bad guys! (don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it!)

Haha yeah. Brilliant banter.

'Cybermen are superior at only one thing'

'And what is that?'

'You are better at dying'

BOOM BOOM, FIZZLE FIZZLE!

I thought the introdcution of the Cult was good, I like how they are making them more human bit by bit.

Also they left themselves a backdoor into writing them back into thwe script with the 'Emergency Temporal Shift'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.