End to Affirmative Action

Ms. Spam

On 6/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, Ms. Spam said:

It comes down from the Supreme Court today!

I don't think we're quite there to rescind this policy. Workplaces were finally starting to align to policies for a more diverse workplace. What's more important?

Honestly we need the Boomers and probably most of GenX out of corporate America before we're ready for it. The Boomers are too greedy and I think GenX has a lot of unconscious bias that they aren't ready to admit to. I think millennial can at least acknowledge their unconscious bias and work on it, but maybe it's an age thing and not a generational thing.

I'm a GenXer and I don't resemble that. I think it is a cultural thing more than anything else. This is purely GOP VS Dem.  Also, there are plenty of GOP Millennials out there that are as much a pain in the ass as GOP Boomers and GenXers. 

Well they killed the student loan payoff thing too, so there's that too. I lot of people feel that students should pay what they owe but I think that goes to what Destiny Skywalker said about greedy boomers (who made it in college if they went a LOT cheaper than the rest of us) and mixed issues GenXers (who had to pay what they owed).

My thing is I think Affirmative Action was important to create a college experience that actually helped a lot of people, even if they had a harder time getting into their college of choice if they were white. Different cultures helped us learn and diversified the college experience. 

Well my point being is that there are a lot of Millennials in red states too.  Millennial age range starts at (depending on source) between 1981-82 to all the way up to the early 2000s.  They are the biggest generation next to the Boomers, as well.  The reason that is important to note is because Trump supporters are not just Boomers and GenXers. You can't have nearly half the country supporting MAGA ideals without Millennials being in there.  

I am also going to defend Boomers a bit.   Half of them were Hippies and leftists before there were even GenXers and Millennials.  Not all of them became Yuppie GOP fans.   

https://www.statista.com/statistics/319068/party-identification-in-the-united-states-by-generation/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.