CBS Supergirl

Gman

Kara's pure glee at getting a super-speedy ice cream cone from Barry was all of us getting last night's episode.

This isn't really a spoiler, it's just me ruining everything by overthinking.

Okay, so - when Dr. Firestorm first explained the multi-verse to the Flash gang, I SWEAR he said that EVERY universe has doppelgangers. So, why doesn't any of the Flash gang exist in the Superman/girl universe? Wasn't the particle accelerator explosion supposed to be a constant in pretty much every universe? Doesn't this pretty much negate the Justice League, or was The Flash always from an alternate universe?

But I don't care THAT much. I'm too busy basking in the adorable of Barry and Kara getting to be all super together. And Jimmy being SUPER uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Kara's pure glee at getting a super-speedy ice cream cone from Barry was all of us getting last night's episode.

This isn't really a spoiler, it's just me ruining everything by overthinking.

Okay, so - when Dr. Firestorm first explained the multi-verse to the Flash gang, I SWEAR he said that EVERY universe has doppelgangers. So, why doesn't any of the Flash gang exist in the Superman/girl universe? Wasn't the particle accelerator explosion supposed to be a constant in pretty much every universe? Doesn't this pretty much negate the Justice League, or was The Flash always from an alternate universe?

But I don't care THAT much. I'm too busy basking in the adorable of Barry and Kara getting to be all super together. And Jimmy being SUPER uncomfortable with the whole thing.

He was wrong from the start! Wells didn't have a daughter in Earth 1, so not everyone has a double. I wonder if security at Supergirls' Star Labs is just as bad. :p

What an awesome episode! I just thought it was lame that they were not able to beat the villains themselves but Kara and Barry had great chemistry together. More please!

There is no STAR Labs on Supergirl's earth, remember? That's the first thing Barry looked for.

Spoiler boxed for any Supergirl fans who haven't seen The Flash yet and have stumbled into this thread:

And there's no Jessie Wells because Thawne killed her when he killed her parents. Kinda the same way Eddie killed Thawne.

There is no STAR Labs on Supergirl's earth, remember? That's the first thing Barry looked for.

Spoiler boxed for any Supergirl fans who haven't seen The Flash yet and have stumbled into this thread:

And there's no Jessie Wells because Thawne killed her when he killed her parents. Kinda the same way Eddie killed Thawne.

That's right, he said Central City but no Star! But that means there are parallels but they're not exact. Same cities but they don't have the same buildings and whatnot.

The Jesse thing still doesn't make sense because Thawne went back in time 15 years ago and Jesse has to be about 21 or so, she would have been a little kid when Wells died. I don't remember if they've said how old she is but they did say she graduated high school at 15. Plus! She went clubbing with them, so I guess she is at least 21.

I figure it's like the DCU multiverse, some of them have doubles of everyone but others are completely different.

Plus! She went clubbing with them, so I guess she is at least 21.

Again, spolier boxed for Supergirl peeps who could care less about or still have to watch The Flash.

Yeah, but Barry wouldn't let her do shots because she's underage, and he was not about bringing her home to her dad completely and illegally hammered. I'd say that scene was ridiculous, except that being a refugee from another universe, any documentation she would have would be faked, so it's not like she couldn't age herself up on her fake id, anyway. That seems out of character for Daddy Wells, though... he seems (over) protective enough of her that I doubt he'd be okay with giving her license to drink. Some clubs do allow minors in, she didn't have M's on her hands, but then that would also be aesthetically weird for a fancy-dress scene. I think they just needed a way to get her out of the lab and in full possession of her dad's journal to move the plot forward, so weird, confusing club scene it is. Not the writer's brightest moment.

It's been two years in story since the revelation that the real Wells was killed 15 years prior, so that makes it 17-ish years. And they were openly discussing getting their swerve on that night, right before the accident. It's entirely possible that she could have been conceived just before (to the point where her mom would be unaware of the pregnancy, or aware but not showing yet) or just after the accident, and would still be 16-ish had she lived/been given the chance to be conceived... old enough to be a freshman in college if she graduated high school at 15.

I just have problems with stories stating a truth about the universe, and then playing take-backsies when it's convenient. See my disgust with Breaking Dawn. But it's really just a weird personality glitch of mine... I do know logically that writers can do whatever the fuck they please, arbitrary rules be damned.

Besides, I like the idea of having a doppelganger who is a Lizard Person from the Dawn of Time, or maybe a sentient cloud of gas. Doppelgangers on all Universes! :p

I think it's okay since it was said by Stein and I took it as him theorizing, anyway. I mean, there's no way for him to know for sure. He's definitely been wrong before!

And I want diversity in the multiverse, darnit!

The way I took the Stein exposition is that he was basically breaking down the concept of the multiverse for the audience - establishing the playing field for the impending storyline. It wasn't just Stein hypothesizing, it was the writers making sure we were all on the same page with where the story and characters were going. That's why I flip when they break continuity with Stein's explination - why mislead your audience on a world - building point?

Regarding Breaking Dawn...

Yes! And that's really only part of it. Reneesme is what really drives me up the wall. Infertility is pretty much the bane of Esme and Rosalie's existence. They have so much emotional pain because they can't have children. And it's established as a BIG deal to consider if you're becoming a vampire by choice. Plus, Edward is supposed to be sterile, too. So, of course, Mary Sue has the easiest vampire transition ever, AND gets a baby. UGH. No fair.

• 4 weeks later...

Supergirl sending the ship back into space was her most superheroic feat of the season, as it should have been.

The final act with the "family" get together / Olsen finally making a move felt like it served two purposes: obvious set up if the series is renewed, or a settling send off if it is not.

CBS' Les Moonves has hinted that the freshman series might be renewed, so Supergirl might be safe. I would hope the second season goes dark, since the Cadmus plot will take center stage.

It's definitely been renewed, and they do say that next season they're getting beyond origin stories and Kara trying to balance her Kara/Supergirl personas, into a fully realized version of Kara who's a lot better at being a superhero.

I'm in.

The finale was pretty good, although I definitely rolled my eyes at the whole Power of Love thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.