Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Zathras

I was weirded out that the anniversary of the JFK assassination was the day before Thanksgiving. I mean, that wasn’t ... that’s not how it was on Mad Men (‘07-’15)!

American thanksgiving is (apparently?) the fourth Thursday in November. Ours is (also apparently!?) the second Monday in October. It’s a sequel to that Walter Matthau movie!? Well. You live. You learn.

Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving!

Also I had the anti-Thanksgiving meal at Popo's in Welfare instead of the traditional turkey fixing. They were out of chicken fried steak so I had chicken fried chicken!

405485653_25337705755828276_157971718568

There were real made that day country biscuits in that basket but they were eaten IMMEDIATELY because we chose to eat out on Thanksgiving instead of making food and it took a while because of the liver and onion requesters to get our food.

Popo's is older than dirt and has been around for years (1959ish was when it became a restaurant I suspect) so it's lined with plates of all kinds from around the world.

405521739_25337705592494959_253495249899

The waitress said that they have to take them down and clean them once a year and there's over 2500. I took my Ukrainian neighbor with me because she was alone for the day and thought she'd like it. She loved it but she was worried we'd all get sick because of covid. LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.