Israel at war!

Ms. Spam

“I know the perfect tools to make things better. Making more war happen and assassination!” I try my hardest to assume the best of people but I can’t help but think you haven’t given much thought to what would happen if what you say you wanted actually occurred. I probably just need to try harder.

Look at what’s happening even though Israel is strong. Thinking things would be better if Israel was made weak is wrong. Look at what Sinwar and Nasrallah and Khamenei are willing to do even though Israel is strong. Think about what more they would do if they had good reason to believe Israel was weak. Think about what more Israel would do if it genuinely believed that it was under immediate existential threat. Assassinating its prime minister or cutting off the US supply of support and funding and arms to Israel would not make things better for anyone in Israel or the Gaza Strip or the West Bank or Lebanon or Iran. Or, in the long-term, the US and the rest of the world.

Well, I feel like I’m repeating myself.

Neither of you have convinced me that I am mistaken. I don’t think I’m substantially misunderstanding either of you. If I keep restating your positions and saying that I think it’s wrong if what you want is what you want it’s only because you both keep restating your positions and saying that you think it’s right.

There’s no way to know for sure short of President Biden changing his mind — I don’t have to ask myself why that hasn’t happened yet because I can see that it’d be bad for all directly involved (and, long-term, the US and the rest of the world too!) for that to happen so it makes sense he hasn’t! — or Netanyahu being assassinated. If either of those two things occur and it turns out the outcome is good I’ll be glad to eat my words. Although, I struggle to see either Netanyahu being assassinated or President Biden changing his mind actually happening. Neither is an absolute impossibility, of course. Somebody might kill Netanyahu. What would make President Biden change his mind? I don’t know. Maybe if Israel sinks the International Freedom Flotilla. Anything can happen.

Just to close the loop on this discussion RC, I am just going to have to agree to disagree with you on this.  I don't think you are a bad guy or anything just because we disagree here on this particular topic.

Yeah, it's OK to disagree, but I don't like getting personal just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as I do.  I've never had a problem with you personally, especially in this thread RC.  Hope my cmments didn't seem like I did.

On a side note I think what is going on at some US universities right now with the protests is a disgrace.  Going after Jewish students like that is not only wrong, but racist.  When I say "we" shouldn't give money to Israel for funding the war, I mean US government dollars only, and only beause I disagree with Netan-Yahoo's prosecution of the war, not because I am anti-Israel.  College students and faculty putting on masks and commiting violence and targeting Jewish students for simply being Jewish is something I have a big problem with.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.