Babylon 5: The Road Home

Rogue 3

You are! Lol-- I saw Zathras!

I mean-- okay. Sure. I'm in. I'm not sure how an animated sequel to a show that's 30 years old that has no current bigtime fandom behind it got made-- but I'm totally down. Cool they got the OG cast to voicer their parts.

Yeah not only is it unlikely because of the age of the franchise, and time that has elapsed since the show ended, but literally more than half the cast has passed away.   I guess the only way it was viable is the fact it was animated.   But I will take what I can get.  At least the surviving cast members have returned to make it.  

I would really recommend following JMS on Twitter - he is a fascinating person and always has spells of answering many questions from fans.  He has strict rules on his account telling people they mustn’t give story ideas for example.

His Superman run of writing in the comics was very well received also - haven’t read them myself, but always lots of positive comments on there.

As to B5, a reboot has been worked on for a fair while but the sale of the network has delayed this. His chats on Twitter make this a total reimagining as he wouldn’t have any interest in just repeating what’s been done - no excitement for his writing skills he says.

A brief history on the reboot is on here:

https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/Babylon_5_(reboot)

A positive reaction to the animation can only help! Trailer looks great fun to me! Those B4 episodes with Zathras were awesome and this has all the feel of that magic!  Great that all the surviving cast came back!

JMS is an interesting dude who's done a lot of work over various media. Funny enough-- he actually got started in animation. He was a writer for the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, which was netter than of the on-screen GB sequels..

• 1 month later...

Saw this a bit late as we were on summer hols,  but have to say this was a really enjoyable watch.
Great to have all the surviving cast back and I thought those doing the characters of actors we have lost did a fine job.

Story was allowed for a good bit of fun and also as a bit of a recap of what’s gone before, plus the ending left things interesting as to what they might do next if this release does as well as JMS hopes. I enjoyed this release a great deal.

One addition is that the original series is finally getting a Blu-ray upgrade and release at the end of the year - I have that on pre-order and looking forward to a rewatch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.