Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Rogue 3

I can’t say how much I am looking forward to this! Out on 29th Feb!

My love for these games goes back to playing an imported NTSC version of FF6 on the SNES (it was never released here on PAL in the UK originally, only many years later), and bought a PS1 purely because FF7 was going to be release on it. And it was a legendary game for many reasons!

FF7 Remake was a superb start to this next gen trilogy. Not just a remake, the “whispers” in the game indicate things are literally being remade, so there were subtle differences to show that it’s something fresh and new - not everything will happen as we remember….

The prequel PSP game Crisis Core was re-released last year and they really got rid of the bad elements of game play to leave the brilliant story of Zack. Someone we potentially will see a lot more of in parts 2 and 3 of this trilogy due to the above changes - well worth a play in prep.

And so to part 2! We leave the city of Midgar and head out into the world. These trailers are superb - if you played the original game, there will be a lot to recognise!

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Counting down the days!

I still need to finish the 1st chapter. I was near the end and got frustrated with that stupid car battle. I just need to suck it up and finish it.

I’m really looking forward to playing this on the PS5.

Yes, super close to the end there. Well worth going back to, as once done once, those chase sequences can be skipped on replaying chapters with all your levels and gear.

Highly recommend Crisis core as well - lots of stuff in it, but story wise  you can knock it out in a week of evening play, no dangers. Or watch this guy play it - his enthusiasm is superb, and he knows all things FF!

And this is the start of his play thorough of Remake as well:

Sometimes we just don’t have the time for a full play through! I do like listening along to them while working!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do wonder what it would be like to play this when not having any experience of the original PS1 game, but I am not that person!

This game is amazing. Currently on chapter 8 of 14, and just loving it! Looks & sounds amazing, story has been fleshed out nicely and so many fun nods to small scenes in the original. 
On top of this, a ton of new content that really enhances the journey!

Magical experience!

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the main story over the Easter weekend! Took my time as there are so many side bits and amazing locations to explore! This game! 

Had a few days to catch up on other stuff and now ready to jump back in and level up for Hard mode! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.