Definitive EU Timeline

Lost in Coruscant

I'm wanted in 12 Jurisdictions! The library is the empire to my rebellion...(see what I did there?)

I've heard it was a 'miss' but that never deterred me from wanting to read them. Denning is one of my fave EU authors (not saying much I guess since I like most of them) Not only that but I see that trilogy as a means to an end. The end of course being Legacy.

The Darth Plagueis novel has been canceled. So far, there are no plans to pick it back up again, and you may as well remove it from the timeline.

However, A sequel to Darth Bane: Path of Destuction entitled Darth Bane: Rule of Two has been scheduled in its place, and is due out December 26, 2007. (That's right, that's this December.) You should add it to the timeline as well. However, we do not, as yet, know how many years after Path of Destruction it will take place, only that it will be at an undetermined time after the previously-cited novel.

*delves into Vector Prime*

Of course I couldn't find my copy...I started to just get a plot summary when it dawned on me. I used to have the CD that came with Unifying Force that had VP in Ebook format on it!! Brilliant! As it would be, I couldn't find that either. But then I realized, well that pdf file has to be online somewhere...so I booted up Limewire and no more than 5 minutes later Voila! Now, I'm delving into Vector Prime! cheers

• 1 year later...

From Sue Rostini's blog- the next three years of lit.

"November 25, 2008 - trade paperback: CLONE WARS: WILD SPACE by Karen Miller. This novel stars Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa and takes place primarily in............ wild space! We're working on the cover now, and hopefully we'll have something to post before too much longer.

December 30, 2008 - Hardcover: LUKE SKYWALKER AND THE SHADOWS OF MINDOR by Matthew Stover. This one's been on the official site - you've seen the cover and copy.

January 27, 2009 - Paperback: CORUSCANT NIGHTS 3: PATTERNS OF FORCE by Michael Reaves. This has been on the official site as well - cover and copy. In the back of the book is a one-page introduction to the FATE OF THE JEDI series. Not an excerpt, just an intro.

April 7, 2009 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 1: OUTCAST by Aaron Allston. Luke and Ben attempt to follow Jacen's previous journey in the hopes of discovering what and how various Force-using groups influenced him to accept and use dark side powers. No cover yet - but we should have a cover direction by the end of next week. Hopefully.

April 28, 2009 - Paperback: BLOOD OATH, by Elaine Cunningham. This is Zekk's story and takes place after his mishap in the battle in INVINCIBLE. Yes, he still lives. We have just received cover concepts on this one - the artist is Dave Seeley.

April 28, 2009 - Paperback: INDIANA JONES AND THE ARMY OF THE DEAD by Steve Perry. Right, this one's not a Star Wars novel. It stars Indiana Jones and is set during WWII when Indy takes a side trip to visit "Mac" McHale in Haiti. Cover concepts by Craig Howell have just been received.

May 19, 2009 - Trade Paperback: CLONE WARS: NO PRISONERS by Karen Traviss. This Clone Wars novel stars Anakin and Ahsoka, Captain Rex, Count Dooku and a few others, but no prisoners.

July 7, 2009 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 2: ENIGMA by Christie Golden. Continues the FATE OF THE JEDI story..... major developments, new characters, lotsa stuff happens.

August 4, 2009 - Paperback: Imperial Commando: 501st by Karen Traviss. Great title, huh?

October 6, 2009 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 3 by Troy Denning. More hapans... er, happens. Sorry for the typo, it means nothing.

November 1, 2009 - Paperback: Untitled horror novel by Joe Schreiber takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and should be read under the covers by flashlight.

December 30, 2009 - Hardcover: Untitled Darth Bane novel by Drew Karpyshyn. I don't have the outline for this one yet, but I'm hoping it continues the story of Darth Bane and his apprentice Zannah. I'm dying to see how the two of them get along.

January 2010 -- Paperback: Untitled by Paul Kemp. This one sort of takes place during the Great Hyperspace War, and then.... well, you'll see.

February 2010 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 4 by Aaron Allston.

May 2010 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 5 by Christie Golden.

July 2010 - Paperback: IMPERIAL COMMANDO 2 by Karen Traviss.

August 2010 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 6 by Troy Denning.

October 2010 - Hardcover: Untitled by Alex Irvine. This is a stand-alone novel starring... are you ready? Nomi Sunrider!!

November 2010 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 7 by Aaron Allston.

January 2011 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 8 by Christie Golden.

March 2011 - Paperback: Untitled Boba Fett novel by Karen Traviss. Stars Boba Fett.

April 2011 - Hardcover: FATE OF THE JEDI 9 by Troy Denning. Wraps up the series....

June 2011 - Paperback: Untitled by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff, featuring a promising holostar - a rags to riches story set against the backdrop of the early days of the Rebellion."

• 8 months later...
June 2011 - Paperback: Untitled by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff, featuring a promising holostar - a rags to riches story set against the backdrop of the early days of the Rebellion."

Holostar will star Dash and Leebo from Shadows of the Empire!!!

See Blog from writer Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff: http://blog.bookviewcafe.com/category/maya...thryn-bohnhoff/

Now if this is to come out in 2011 then could Dash be in the Live Action TV show. This book could be a reintroduction to the Star Wars family just in time for the build up for the show? Just an idea...

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of TheForce.Net

There's a plethora of book news thanks to Sue Rostoni's new book schedule at her SW.com blog. Things have been moved around a bit and ClubJade.net helps us pick through for the big/interesting tidbits...

- March 2010 will bring us part two of Karen Miller's TCW duology, Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit: Seige.

- July 2010 - From Sue Rostoni: "Coming attraction by well-known author. Not to be disclosed. I can't answer ANY questions about this one, and probably shouldn't even put it in here. So pretend you didn't see it, okay? Really. I won't even acknowledge your questions about this. Maybe I just stuck it in here for conversation... who knows?"

- September 2010 - From Sue Rostoni: "Another one I'm not able to confirm. There might be a book here and on the other hand there might not. Signs point to yes, but situation is hazy. Ask again later, or better yet, don't ask at all."

- October 5, 2010 - Stand-alone hardcover from Joe Schrieber that's not a follow up to Death Troopers.

- April 2011 - Book #7 of the Fate of the Jedi series by Aaron Allston gets a title, Conviction.

- September 2011 - Timothy Zahn's follow up to Allegiance get the tentative title of Choices.

- October 2011 - An untitled paperback is on the way from new Star Wars author Jeff Grubb.

- November 2011 - An untitled and unassigned hardcover novel is listed.

- There are a couple other unassigned/untitled novels mentioned a bit further down the road.

Make sure to visit Sue's blog for the full rundown including adjusted dates for the Fate of the Jedi series.

In addition, anyone expectantly waiting for news regarding the fates of the Boba Fett stand-alone novel as well as Elaine Cunningham's Blood Oath will be disappointed to know that both have been canceled. Sue mentiones the following at the SW.com boards in regards to Blood Oath and to those looking forward to reading more about Zekk:

"You'll still be getting Zekk's story -- it'll just come out in different ways."

We'll keep you posted as we hear more!

So no Zekk book, but a new Zahn one.

• 4 years later...

Here's the timeline:

Episode 1

Episode 2

The Clone Wars Animated series

Episode 3

Rebels animated series

Episode 4

The new EU books announced

Episode 5

Episode 6

(probably some books here after E7 comes out)

Sequel Trilogy

Everything else is part of the Legends continuity line which diverges after ROTJ. I think the pre-OT EU material could still be considered canon unless something actively counteracts it. It's the ST making the post ROTJ changes that re most evident.

• 1 year later...

Guys, the Disney canon does not apply here. The EU is Legends, and since the Disney canon has not been given any sort of name (it isn't considered an Expanded Universe), I think it's safe to say that, in this thread, the EU is the only canon that matters. :D

Also, I'm glad Darth Plagueis was picked back up again. It was a great book, and a great alternative to The Phantom Menace, covering the same events. One need not watch the movie.

Guys, the Disney canon does not apply here. The EU is Legends, and since the Disney canon has not been given any sort of name (it isn't considered an Expanded Universe), I think it's safe to say that, in this thread, the EU is the only canon that matters. :D

If we apply old-school DC Comics rules, the new canon is effectively Galaxy-1 and the old EU is now Galaxy-2. Separate but equal, sort of.

Can't wait for the first Galaxy-1/Galaxy-2 crossover someday. Call it "Crisis on Two Galaxies" and let the different versions of every character meet and team up against some transdimensional Big Bad intent on destroying both galaxies and ruling the multiverse. That'll be so awesome.

It doesn't; they're separate. I suppose one could cherrypick, but I personally have no interest in the rebooted universe.

If we apply old-school DC Comics rules, the new canon is effectively Galaxy-1 and the old EU is now Galaxy-2. Separate but equal, sort of.

Can't wait for the first Galaxy-1/Galaxy-2 crossover someday. Call it "Crisis on Two Galaxies" and let the different versions of every character meet and team up against some transdimensional Big Bad intent on destroying both galaxies and ruling the multiverse. That'll be so awesome.

My point was just that the Disneyverse is not considered an EU, that's all. The EU was something else that they didn't want anything to do with and have since rebranded "Legends." Therefore, in my opinion, the Disneyverse should have its own thread distinct from this one.

Not according to Lucas Film under Disney. The new canon has no EU. They are not using that term, nor any other term for the non-movie content. It's all movie-level canon (which I wonder how much of a problem that will cause down the road).

And about the cartoons, fun fact: prior to the Great Decanonization, people here at Nightly would refer to The Clone Wars and the EU separately, like they one was not part of the other, when in reality the show was technically EU. Granted, it was the highest level of EU (T-canon, which is one under G-canon), but it was EU nonetheless. Now it is the one entity apart from the films that belongs to both the Legends and Disney continuity (because EU authors did begin their attempt to reconcile the two differing timelines, mainly with tie-in content and even characters in other eras directly connected to the show, like Abeloth).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.