Obligatory 2024 Election thread

Ms. Spam

15 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Wow. I was not expecting DeSantis to drop out this early. That said, either he or Haley had to drop out, and personally I'm glad it's DeSantis.

Do you think DeSantis is gunning for VP?

I really hope the moderate right jumps on the Haley train. I mean, they won't, because nobody thinks she's electable, but it would go a long way in restoring some semblance of sanity on that side of the aisle. Republicans as a whole need to get their shit in order and stop kowtowing to their fringe. 

For real. I am a recovering Republican because they went batshit crazy catering to the far right. I don't think the Democrats are angels, either, but their brand of crazy is at least less toxic and harmful to our national psyche.

I just really cannot see how they think Trump is a viable option after January 6th, 2021. It's more about not having a baby-killing Democrat in there than someone who has any interest in running a country other than for their own ego. 

My unchanging prediction of long duration is that both President Donald John Trump and President Joseph Robinette Biden will be joining the President Stephen Grover Cleveland club. I think it’s the stupidest possible outcome so it’s what’s going to happen.

Only thing more stupider — as I learned during my sojourns to planet Jupiter — would be for one or both of them to die either before November 5th or before January 20th. Not ruling that out!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband was reading something on his phone tonight and I asked him what he was looking at, and he said he was trying to figure out when Trump was going to jail. I asked him if he was just hitting refresh.

We had a good laugh about some idiot saying the RNC should pay Trump's legal fees.

Getting ready to vote in our state primary. I like to identify as a Republican in our state because they don't require caucuses in the primary, and then I can vote for someone other than the dumbest Republican candidate and hope that the stupidest one doesn't get the nomination.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.