Dungeons & Dragons

CoLA

I caught this on streaming this weekend. Really good movie, even if you're not familiar with D&D too much. I know some things, like the character classes and some of the creatures but none of this knowledge is needed to enjoy it. Highly recommended if you're just looking for a fun adventure movie!

I've heard it's really good. 

I've never played table top DnD but plenty of the crpgs inspired by DnD or the DnD ruleset. I want to see the film at some point cause ive heard it's a really good romp. I used to love the cartoon when I was a kid 

I enjoyed it a lot.  I've never played DnD, but I read a lot of the Forgotten Realms novels, which was set in the same world, and it was fun seeing that world adapted to the big screen.

Bonus for you, those characters have a cameo in the movie!

Really?!?  Where?  I had no idea.

13 hours ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

Really?!?  Where?  I had no idea.

In the maze arena scene! You see them quick in the background when they all first rise up, then again later in the maze. They were the ones stuck in the cage. Honestly, I did not know this as I never saw the cartoon but one of the people I watched it with recognized them.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, Gamevet said:

That cartoon was around when I was 10 years old or so. It was okay at the time. There was a character named Eric (thanks a lot) who was kind of an ass.

Eric was voiced by Donny Most, who played Ralph Malph on Happy Days.

• 2 months later...

Finally watched this as it dropped on Sky to watch - lots of fun! Doesn’t take itself too seriously, but at the same time does not mock the genre.

Great cameo’s from the characters from the cartoon! And good to hear Baldurs Gate getting a number of references!
Hope we get to see a sequel!

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, Gamevet said:

That cartoon was around when I was 10 years old or so. It was okay at the time. There was a character named Eric (thanks a lot) who was kind of an ass.

I loved that cartoon. I remember as a kid I wanted them to make a movie based on that cartoon. But this is as close as we ever got:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.