WrestleMania 39

Metropolis

I also like that I like the reinvestment into the tag teams.  I like how there are now actually teams and not just two people paired together.  Also, I know that it is main event b, but still the last match--but I don't ever remember a tag match being the main event. 

27 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

I disagree, I thought the whole thing was pretty cheesy (handcuffs...really) and Dominick still looks green wrestling wise.  I remember when Rey took off his mask in WCW and all I thought was the babyface runs strong in that family. 

In terms of payoff I thought it was. The Dominick entrance was over the top ridiculous that played along with his..... appeal i guess you could say. Dom got heat and but just X Pac heat. I don't think Dom is that green anymore. He's much better in the ring than Bray Wyatt, whose best work was when he tagged with Matt Hardy.

I wish the tag team thing was true. The tag division suffered big time because of the Bloodline. We're taking a period of a couple of years so my memory might be a little fuzzy, but other than The Usos the only teams to good the titles were The Street Profits, the New Day, and the Mysterios. And the team that just won the belts teamed up a couple of weeks ago. They need to separate the belts because they have too many teams to fight over one title.

16 minutes ago, Metropolis said:

In terms of payoff I thought it was. The Dominick entrance was over the top ridiculous that played along with his..... appeal i guess you could say. Dom got heat and but just X Pac heat. I don't think Dom is that green anymore. He's much better in the ring than Bray Wyatt, whose best work was when he tagged with Matt Hardy.

I totally agree about the payoff--that was good. 

Night one kicked ass. I wish they hadn't done the Pat McAfee -Miz thing. It sucked. Up until that point of there was a week match it was the opener. Hell I thought Lita and Trish rose to the occasion. While i had trouble focusing on Mania and the NCAA tourney I thought the match of the night was actually Ripley-Flair. They beat the hell out of each other. The tag title match suffered from Takeover-itis. A thousand last second kick outs. 

I understand the debut, but two back-to-back four hour shows is asking a lot for people to stay excited about--especially if you are in person.   I would have been pissed if I had been there for close to six hours and that happened before the main event. 

I can't lie. That decision took balls. I think the majority of people were probably like "Cody is good enough" when it came to who beat Roman. WWE subverted our expectations. Fine, but there better be a plan to this. 

I thought Asuka was beating Bianca even though it didn't make sense. IDK. Great Mania though. 

I thought it was a good event.  I thought the Men's fatal 4-way tag team match stole the show.  But like was said Rhea - Charlotte was incredible match, so was of course KO/Sami vs Uso and Cody vs Roman.  It will be interesting to see how Rhea winning affects the Judgement Day, as 1) she was getting a lot of pops and 2) Judgement Day is mostly Raw, now she's the Smackdown women's champ.  The rest of the show was entertaining.  Brock/Omos match was much better than I thought it would end up being.  It would be nice if Omos could develop into a legitimate monster, but has a limited move set.  I find Bianca quite boring.  I'd rather see Becky or Bayley carry that belt and maybe see Bianca get re-packaged.  It was the match I was probably least interested in.  Not sure what the whole point of having Shane come back was gonna be or the point of having Miz get punked out to both McAfee and Shane (well Snoop Dog, since Shane blew out his knee on that leap frog).  I'd give the show 3.5 out of 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.