The Last of Us (HBO)

Odine

• 4 months later...

I finally watched it and loved it.  E3, like everyone here discussed--was amazing.  Probably the best hour of television I have seen in years.  It reminded me of the San Junipero episode of Black Mirror (my favorite BM episode and the only one with a happy ending).  I did think the ending felt super rushed.  I would have liked another episode in Silver Lakes and at least two episodes dealing the the Fireflies in SLC--they barely gave that half an episode. 

I know they are making another season, but doesn't S1 end where the video game ended?  Is season 2 an all new thing?

But a few things of a personal note from the show:

I am born and raised in Kansas City and I loved how they actually filmed all the external scenes of Kansas City in Kansas City.  Total nitpick--I did notice that on their drive to KC they passed an abandoned amusement park and I instantly recognized it as Worlds of Fun in KC (which is very much still active) which is like 20 minutes away from downtown but they had to drive for what seemed a few days before they made it to KC but whatever.

And the biggest connection is, when they entered Silver Lakes, I almost fell out of my seat and had to rewind/pause it.  The zip code of the sign of Silver Lakes is 81303...which is the zip code of my work.

Yes, I thought they would pad things out a bit to make the first game cover a couple of seasons maybe. Did feel a little rushed, despite enjoying it a great deal.

There was a second game that came out - set 5 years after the first so maybe they will fill the gap with newer content possibly?  I haven’t read to much on what their future plans are.

The second game was quite contraversial with fans of the first game. It was still a great game apparently (I haven't played it yet) some things happen that pissed a lot of people off. 

So season 02 is bound to be interesting at the least. 

I’d edit that to say gamer bros reviewed bombed the game because one, they were mad that Ellie kissed a girl in the first trailer after it was announced you played the game as her, and two, because a leak gave away a pretty big spoiler that I won’t say just in case. It was a big thing, but I. The context of the story it makes sense and works, but the knowledge by itself made fragile gamer bros lose their minds.

Pretty much every not-wanna be alpha bro streamer loves the game, legit reviewers give it to marks, and it’s honestly one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had. 

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’d edit that to say gamer bros reviewed bombed the game because one, they were mad that Ellie kissed a girl in the first trailer after it was announced you played the game as her, and two, because a leak gave away a pretty big spoiler that I won’t say just in case. It was a big thing, but I. The context of the story it makes sense and works, but the knowledge by itself made fragile gamer bros lose their minds.

Pretty much every not-wanna be alpha bro streamer loves the game, legit reviewers give it to marks, and it’s honestly one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had. 

It wasn't the queer/non binary stuff that I was talking about. 

Most rational gamers were actually cool with that. 

There was a lot of pushback against another happening 

23 hours ago, Tank said:

No, that's not why I didn't play the game. I didn't play the game, because of every man being treated as being an idiot and pretty much all of them being killed except Tommy. The whole story was just stupid to me. Joel and Tommy just saved this girl/woman/? from a swarm and then that event happens. Why would I feel any sympathy for a psychopath character, that would have been dead without the help of her enemy?

On 8/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, Tank said:

Hard disagree. I won’t dig into the comment on gender, but it’s definitely in line with what I’m saying I witnessed. 

It's like what Disney did with Star Wars.  It pretty much shit on men and made them look like foolish idiots. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.