Actors that you've confused with other actors

Quetzalcoatl

Ed Harris and James Caan.  For a long time I thought these two were the same person.  I still can't keep straight who played in what movie.  My memory always wants to put Ed Harris in James Caan's roles and vice versa.

Jeff Daniels and Daniel Stern.  Don't ask me why I formed an association between these two.  Maybe it was just the name similarity.  I can correctly identify each actor by name, but again, my mind wants to swap their roles.  I constantly have to remind myself that Jeff Daniels wasn't one the burglars in Home Alone, because that's the way I remember it.  

I’m mildly to moderately faceblind with that there prosopagnosia so this is a constant struggle. Would probably be easier to write out a fully complete list of actors who I haven't confused with other actors.

Nevertheless and nonetheless, uh, what comes to mind first for me? Don’t want to spend too much time here flipping through the old ImdB. Oh, Nina Siemaszko and Hope Davis! And for a long time I thought there were two Jay Karnes — yeah, I know actors have to go by pseudonyms and put their middle names in to avoid this very problem, what can I say, dumb brain is dumb — I thought there was the one who was on The Shield (‘02-’08) and the one that would pop up in various guest spots on other television shows. Oh, just thought of another pair who I recently confused doing a Google search for a bunch of old Pepsi® Max commercials. That’d be Tom Lenk and Fran Kranz. See. We could do this all day. It’s not just a matter of what people look like, really, if their resumés bear any kind of superficial similarity to each other my brain will mishmash them together. The battle never ends!

On 2/2/2023 at 10:38 PM, Quetzalcoatl said:

Found another one!  I'm literally just learning that Ellen Barkin isn't Kathy Baker.  I always thought the mother from the show Animal Kingdom was the redheaded neighbor from Edward Scissorhands, but no.  

It's weird, I know it's not her because I've seen Edward Scissorhands several times but whenever I think about that character, I imagine Katey Sagal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.