The Mandalorian Season 3

Zathras

Honestly it would’ve been nice to have a season of Mando without the added weight of baby Yoda. I get he’s the real Star Wars money maker but I feel like there’s not a whole lot of mileage left with that character until/unless they age him up some. It’s the same as baby Groot, cute only goes so far 

Yeah, I get what you are saying.  From a story standpoint, it is hard to justify Mando going into battle to free Mandalore with baby Yoda in one arm and a blaster in the other.  They kind of wrote Grogu into a corner because he's like 50 years old (or whatever it is, I can't remember at the moment) and apparently ages so slow that he still is like 5 years old physically.  

But I am just going to go with it and not nitpick it too much.  

It's amazing how much I was into S1 and 2, but not overly-amped for S3? BOBF was so terrible, and the fact that you HAVE to watch it to be caught up with Mando S3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That S2 ending with Luke was just everything, and I can't help but feel like it could have ended there. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I just have SW fatigue.

BOBF was so awful it really turned me off. 

No, you're just an assassin of joy!  j/k :p

But yeah I got the feeling that the end of season 2 WAS supposed to be the ending, and they extended the show probably late in the game.  It would have been a good ending if it had, but when it comes to Mando, I am all for more.   I know BOBF was a stinker, but being the "optimist" I am (LOL! that's a laugh), I have to go into season 3 thinking they can only go up from there.   The Mando episode of BOBF was the best thing about the show, and now that we are back to the Mando proper, I think there may be some redeeming going on (not just Mando, but Star Wars in general).

22 hours ago, The Choc said:

The ending of season 2 was never going to be the ending because Luke taking the baby was always a mistake and was  never going to work out. 

Now having that shown during a totally different show than Mando is another story. 

That was a close to Grogu’s arc. The plot dangler— which is being picked up on, was the Darksaber/Mandalor/Bo Katan stuff.

But Grogu is a huge draw so they needed him back in and didn’t want to spend to long on getting to it so they piggy-backed it onto BOBF (which was already being shot on a shoestring budget leftover from Mando S2.)

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

EpisodeS. He’s in like 3 of them.

Yeah they are like the last 3 I think, but the one that was titled Return of the Mandalornian (if I remember right) was the most important one.   The others are just him helping Boba out. It was really weird that you had a BOBF episode without Boba LOL!

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

That was a close to Grogu’s arc. The plot dangler— which is being picked up on, was the Darksaber/Mandalor/Bo Katan stuff.

But Grogu is a huge draw so they needed him back in and didn’t want to spend to long on getting to it so they piggy-backed it onto BOBF (which was already being shot on a shoestring budget leftover from Mando S2.)

What Im saying is that it never could be the end of Grogu's arc because Grogu was never going to be happy after being taken away from someone who loved him like Mando. It was not a happy ending for him because it was obviously a bad thing. Whatever training and power he acquired with Luke doesn't matter. Love is more important than power. 

On 1/21/2023 at 4:59 PM, Zathras said:

t was really weird that you had a BOBF episode without Boba LOL!

But that was the best one LOL. That series really went downhill fast and even Mando showing up wasn't enough to fend off the mediocrity. If you want a good laugh, watch the Pitch Meeting video on Youtube about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Tin foil hat time:

I maintain that S2 was the end to Grogru's arc and they were going to take a few years break and age him up and revisit his story with Luke after Mando is over.  However, by the time they determined what a cash cow Baby Yoda is, S2 was already too far into production so they decided to cobble together BoBF to course correct (which is why it looked so cheap and well, cobbled together).  Maybe he will eventually end up with Luke but are taking another season or two inserting him into S3-4 of Mando.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:51 PM, Hobbes said:

Tin foil hat time:

I maintain that S2 was the end to Grogru's arc and they were going to take a few years break and age him up and revisit his story with Luke after Mando is over.  However, by the time they determined what a cash cow Baby Yoda is, S2 was already too far into production so they decided to cobble together BoBF to course correct (which is why it looked so cheap and well, cobbled together).  Maybe he will eventually end up with Luke but are taking another season or two inserting him into S3-4 of Mando.

100% this.

Episode 301 was criminally boring and uneventful. It literally had two story beat: Mando has to take a bath on Mandalore, and he wants to bring back the IG droid for some reason.

While not as awful as BOBF it was clearly an entire episode that was designed to be a status quo reset.

Not a great sign if you ask me, but hopefully next week it kicks in.

I can identify with this episode - when playing a game on my PlayStation, I like to do all the side quests first before completing the main mission! :p:confused:

Very odd bit of padding - and why IG11 after all this time and a very convincing explosion the last time we saw him??

Fingers crossed for a big improvement next week.

I'm not one to call out holes in the story, but man they just went head first in the first 5 minutes. You're not supposed to remove your helmet if you're Mandalorian. Got it. Yet you show a helmet being made........ for a child! You put it on the kid and tell him he's not to remove it?!? Does that indestructible metal grow with the kid?

Also........ hyperspace whales. Thought that would stay in the animated world.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.