Moving SUCKS

monkeygirl

I feel like I'm on an episode of Hoarders! I have to look at every fucking thing before I decide to toss, donate or move it, THEN I have to go donate it-for which I need boxes and then I have to pack the keeps-MORE boxes. Then I have to go to the dump because I don't have compacter friendly trash right now.

This bites.

LOL for this reason I am glad I ended up keeping the condo so I don't have to move. I spent Christmas cleaning out some of my sisters things I had and realized I had a lot of stuff. But I also have a lot of cats. It's weird what time collects. Like I can't find a five dollar bill I had a few days ago but I have eleventy billion hair ties, cat toys, bags, sweaters, shoes and plastic food tubs. I think I can fill a dumpster.

OH and I recently got drug tested (rando request from the district they do right after a large break) and the swab came back with meth.... Uh maybe I touched a bunch of meth laced things when I was cleaning out a bunch of Tina's stuff but I also like a dummy had just eaten a cough drop. So they're making me go pee in a cup.

I feel your pain.  Not exactly moving but damn near...I had recently sold my Dad's house and it took my brother and i almost 10 months to go through and get rid of stuff.  I still somehow had stuff left over that I had to rent a storage space the size of a small garage, and my brother's house has a bunch of stuff all over.  And that was still less than half of what we threw away or donated. 

I didn't factor in time to go donate half the shit-I really had no idea of the amount of moving time this would suck up. Somehow, I didn't think I had that much, but again, I'd just moved out of a two-story home before this and I brought so much with me. I wanted to purge even more than I have. I guess I still have a month to keep it up.

I'm stressed I won't sell my furniture in time and will have to pay to have it removed. I'm afraid of what will get lost and broken. I hope I can sell my car but keep it til I move (the day after Super Bowl Sunday). And I really am not looking forward to flying with L-Roy and Jesus. I got them gabapentin but I'm still very nervous.

And don't get me started on the cost. Good lord.

Spam on meth. There's a thought. Again-good lord.

Hopefully they take flights well. Meeko cried but he was a good lap cat and stayed in my lap the whole time once everyone agreed I could take him out and hold him. 
if you were moving during spring break I would buy a truck and make it a trip for you and me and the cats cross country. And you could keep stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really want to keep the things I'm purging, though. You know that box of wires you have? It contains the original ethernet cable you got with your computer. And all your old speaker wire. I had that, old extension cords, a rotary phone, old, obsolete recording equipment. Then the stuff in my kitchen. I've never had but now want like matching dishes and nice glasses. I have a hodgepodge of stuff in mine, so did my Mom so I'm only taking my favorites and probably shouldn't even bother taking those. I may not.

The good, but pricey thing is, my moving company will come and do everything I don't get to. If I don't wrap the mirrors and wall art-they will-but it's all at a cost. So this move WILL get done in time, regardless of my progress. So, it costs more. I'm already hemorrhaging money

The one purge I still regret is I gave away 8 long boxes of comics I'd collected since I was 16. I had a full run of Amazing Spiderman and X-Men that I'd built up until 2010 going back to 1984. 

And I did take a box full of useless cords because I couldn't figure out what I needed and what I didn't and was like aaaawww the hell with it take them all. I have like eleventy billion useless charging cords for laptops and phones and ethernet cords and plugs and cords for printers which you don't even need now. Those I finally was like WHAT THE HELL and chucked a bunch of stuff this winter break when I was clearing some of Tina's stuff.

All I have left of Tina now is twelve of her best funniest t-shirts (i'm still planning to make a t-shirt quilt), her tennis shoes, her hat and her jewelry and jewelry boxes and Sheba and Sherbert. I told Sheba she can't die on me. She gets spoiled rotten. I give her more temptations treats and bought her own special blue willow dip bowl to put them in on the dresser.

Oddly I've been dreaming about you lately and your trip on the plane. Last night I dreamt you bought every seat in first class and let them roam on the plane and had an argument with the flight attendant who wanted to steal L-roy away from you. And they were so good and high on cat nip they just purred and made biscuits while you got tons of drinks. But because of the tons of drinks you had to go to the bathroom and the tiny bathroom couldn't hold you and both your cats so they waited outside the bathroom door while stewardesses tried to calm them with bits of steak sammiches. The happy ending is they loved Florida because it's so hot and humid like ninety percent of the time that their hairs frizzed out and got FLOOFIER. And they would spend their winters alerting you to falling iguanas from the trees.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate moving and I never, ever want to do it ever again. It's such a hassle to decide what to keep and what to get rid of, and pack what's left, and rent the moving van, and do the hundred-and-one other things that need to be done, and it all costs money. I don't have money, so I've decided that I'm just going to stay where I am until I die. So I can definitely empathize with your trials in moving. It's really stressful. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.