Nightly walking competition--prizes!!!

Hobbes

I am happy to fund a weekly competition for steps--like a $10 weekly gift card.  The goal may change each week--overall steps--personal record, % growth. 

If you want to participate, download the free app Walker Tracker.  It is agnostic to hardware so it works with iOS, Android, Garmin, whatever. 

My username is skihobbes and search and join the group nightly.  My goal is to get at least 5 members signed up--reply to this thread if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 12:08 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

So the other day I entered my actual TIME skiing (28 minutes apparently, according to Strava) and I felt like it gave me reasonable steps. My Garmin, unfortunately, gives me zero step credit for any skiing, so I always end up really low on ski days.

I kind of have the same thing--on days where I walk a lot--I am exhausted but if I don't I hit the gym at night--so i always end up with less when I actually do work out (I lift like 3x a week--cardio is for suckers). 

They canceled school two days in a row because South Texas is getting "winter" weather that is we're hovering around 32 degrees and there is ice on the roads. Most other states scoff at us but this is affecting my step counts HUGELY.  Yesterday I barely got over 1000 steps.

I keep trying to download the app (in direct violation of all the principles of good op-sec, everything I was taught but so clearly failed to learn! at Sarratt) and I keep getting the following message:

xen5Rcf.jpg

My phone is kind of old, kind of messed up, my smart phone has gone dumb dumb dumb, space is at a premium. I keep deleting apps and I keep deleting content I no longer need (no! no! my precious content!) but the message remains the same. It never tells me how much I need to ditch; I can’t seem to find out how big “Walker Tracker” actually is. I’ll let you know if there’s ever any progress on this front but for the moment it seems that unassuageable technical difficulties block my path at every turn!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.