Are you ready for for our STORMAGEDON for Christmas?

Ms. Spam

I think it hit you guys first when Tami and Jacob were wrapping presents, but the next wave is coming through on Thursday. We're going to be in the teens and not get above freezing on Thursday. I am super worried that the power will go out or the pipes burst again. So I decided to stay home because of the cats. Also I have strep so there's no need to spread that awful stuff.

I am also not ready for giving Christmas presents to today will be spent wearing a mask and picking up rando weirdo gifts. 

El Paso was the only city in Texas that's on the National Grid. I still don't think that's changed. Today the maintenance man came around asking we drip pipes and I feel so weird about that because of the water waste but man if we have to go through six weeks of no water again....

Cerina, i was HEB and it was 60. I was in there two hours because I decided to make a charcuterie board so I was having some custom slices of cheese and what not in the deli. When I left it was already at 32.

2 hours ago, Cerina said:

He's on a different grid than the rest of us. But so far, it's holding. We'll see what it's like tomorrow. 

Nope.  Unfortunately, moved us onto Ercot last year.

The dog fortunately came inside as soon as he did his business each time I let him out.  Took about 20 seconds each time.  My wife also left some food outside to keep cold because our fridge is coincidentally full.  It froze solid in no time.

It’s 18 degrees here in Dallas. The wind chill makes it feel more like 8.

My brother and a lot of my family lives in Flathead county, in Montana. He texted me this morning. He said that the temperature was -49 degrees Fahrenheit. He had 3 heaters in their pump house and the water still froze up. I hope the pipes don’t break.

And my house was flooded when I got home from the store. The neighbor above had a pipe burst because they didn't do what's supposed to be done. I would like to burn the architect that designed this building or do something equally horrible because to stop my house which has water from flooding I had to shut the water off to the building. 

I found out that our local schools are considering moving up the school start date to late August because of all the snow days we've had the last few years. School currently doesn't get out until June 18th (and now the school districts have started to recognize Juneteenth as a holiday, which means we get that day off and then the kids have to go back). Seattle schools had a teacher strike so now those kids are looking at possibly being in school until after July 4th. I'm kind of a fan because the end of June seems so far away, but I liked how easy it was to spend Labor Day away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.