Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (Fallen Order 2)

Rogue 3

Trailer dropped this morning - looks a good continuation of the story.

5 years on from Fallen Order, which makes it 10 years from both ROTS & ANH, and in the same sort of time period as the Kenobi TV series.  
Arrives 17th March 2023. A fine St Patrick’s day for all! :yes:

It was a great game, new one looks fun…

…but…

In the first one they gave Cal some PTSD which locked his powers away. The basic up-leveling of abilities throughout the game was built into the story, as he healed and remembered his past. Problem was, the last couple levels got a little boring because you were unstoppable.  The climax of the story made up for it wit h you-know-who, but I have to wonder—- what now?

Do you start the game with all the Jedi powers? If so, where do you go? If there’s nothing g to unlock it’s kinda boring gameplay.  If he starts with no powers, how do you explain it happening again?

Also, Cal is part of growing “technically another Jedi around” near the OT problem that SW in the post PT era has. Curious to see how they silo him. Kanan was killed, Ezra lost in hyperspace, Ahsoka is still a question mark, I think we know how most of the Inquisitors die, but not all of them.

2 hours ago, Odine said:

That's cool, I never finished the first one (got bored of the gameplay loop, last I remember was swinging from some vines in a massive cave temple) but there was much to enjoy about it. 

Hope this one is even better! 

I know what you mean - I enjoyed it even more second time round after a few years had passed. Trophies were all done (OCD element for me I’m afraid…), and so was able to have fun with it on a more relaxed difficulty level - nothing to prove at that stage!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

It was a great game, new one looks fun…

…but…

In the first one they gave Cal some PTSD which locked his powers away. The basic up-leveling of abilities throughout the game was built into the story, as he healed and remembered his past. Problem was, the last couple levels got a little boring because you were unstoppable.  The climax of the story made up for it wit h you-know-who, but I have to wonder—- what now?

Do you start the game with all the Jedi powers? If so, where do you go? If there’s nothing g to unlock it’s kinda boring gameplay.  If he starts with no powers, how do you explain it happening again?

Also, Cal is part of growing “technically another Jedi around” near the OT problem that SW in the post PT era has. Curious to see how they silo him. Kanan was killed, Ezra lost in hyperspace, Ahsoka is still a question mark, I think we know how most of the Inquisitors die, but not all of them.

Yeah, always a tricky one with a sequel. Either newer abilities are needed to solve problems, or we have some crisis where we need to relearn - again! Hopefully the former. Apparently there is a book coming out to fill in some blanks for the 5 years that have passed, but you would hope the game would stand on its own.

As to the number of Jedi, I’m assuming he will sacrifice himself for the greater good at some point - this game or maybe a third? Allowing the player to finish up the game with a different character who just needs to get the heck out of wherever they are! 
Unless he gets “frozen” somehow and unlocked in the post ROTJ era, but that’s a tad cheesy.

Does look like a fun storyline though, so I can’t wait to find out!

The trailer seems to have a villain brought of stasis and it was my first thought that Cal would go into it, and they could bring him back post-OT.

They REALLY need to stop pre OT stories and do like Mando and BOBF.

I’m ready for them to go post ST now— which I guess the likely cancelled Rogue Squadron was supposed to do?

We need a jedi game where you play as Luke!  That is definitely lacking.  Maybe based in between ANH and TESB (yeah I know he got the bulk of his training from Yoda, but who says he wasn't using some powers and in some lightsaber fights), or as a jedi master post ROTJ.  They could call it The Adventures of Luke Skywalker to pay homage.    

• 4 months later...

Mine gets delivered tomorrow and I know the digital buyers have already downloaded it in readiness!

It’s had some good reviews! Really looking forward to this, and perfect timing with it being a bank holiday weekend in the UK!

Nasty - had heard about issues. Feared the worst when I started on my PS5 on Friday and it errored in the opening sequence, so had to repeat about 5 mins of unavoidable walking and chat! 

But luckily that has been only issue so far. Really enjoying it - interesting story, got to the stage where “someone” has been released from a bacta tank as per the trailer, and loving the fact it’s a continuation and not just forgotten all the abilities and trying to learn it all again.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:21 AM, Gamevet said:

You're in for a rude awakening Dom. This game is a total mess on PC.

After playing for a while, I'll agree it's not great. My PC handles other games on high settings just fine but this one definitely lags. Despite it, I was still able to play but I swear they upped the difficulty. Just playing on normal mode and I died several times at the beginning. I also feel like it's not always clear where you're supposed to go.

The part about not knowing where to go is what made me lose interest in the 1st game. Everything else was great, but the countless wandering around just made the game feel monotonous. Just give me action and screw the puzzle crap.

Under the game options they should give you this:

Easy - The force isn't strong with this one!

I wanna rock - screw the puzzle crap

Normal - I got this!

Hard - I got the force baby!

Ha ha! Love a puzzle myself, but totally get you! Could do with a mini map on the main view as I am in and out of the map a load.  But all good.

Challenging at the start but I focused on upgrading the health upgrades on that “tree”, and that’s helped make the bosses much better to handle. 9th Sister took me a good few goes on that first stage in Coruscant!

Really looking forward to see where this story finishes!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Zathras said:

I watched a cutscene walkthrough on youtube.  Fabulous story!

It sure was! I thought they did a great job moving things on and creating a storyline that looked to the far past with a view for helping their immediate future.

Cal has really grown nicely and hope to see him in a live action at some point if poss. The rest of the crew also, especially Merrin who is such a fun character!

Working my way though the previously closed off areas to finish all the trophies and then on to the new Zelda!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.