Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Darth Krawlie

This is the one and only franchise I kinda wished they’d given to JJ. The mystery box crap would actually work well for Indy and he is the only director I can think of that comes close to the Spielberg aesthetic, it would have been a good fit.  

I mean this will probably be good, I just don’t think Mangold is in the same calibre of Spielberg to pull off a one and done adventure movie. But I realise I’m also being overly harsh, which is probably due to how hard I was burnt by the 4th movie. 

• 3 weeks later...

I heard screenings went bad and they are reshooting the ending. 

On 12/8/2022 at 6:35 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

Let’s not forget that Mangold directed Logan, a movie centered in a well known and loved character getting one last adventure and a well deserved send off. If anyone can pull it off, he can. Abrams would get the feel right, definitely, but not much else. 

I want to agree and I hope you are right and I am wrong.  But the difference is Hugh Jackman can still sell the character.  Harrison Ford--he's like 80 and I wasn't too impressed with the energy he brought in TFA. 

• 3 months later...

The only issue I have from what I've seen is the macguffin. The best Indys have had the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail. Now I don't necessarily believe either of those thing are real, at least not in terms of having any kind of powers, they are real in the sense that they exist outside of the Indy series. Most people know what they are. Indy searching for the Ark or the Grail has a gravitas that really cannot be there when searcing for something that is essentially made up just to be the macguffin in this movie.

Still looks good though!

I agree with you—the fact that the last one was about crystal skulls, objects long since debunked as hoaxes, was incredibly disappointing. I’d definitely rather an item more rooted in history, but at this point, I just want a fun Indy adventure. I’m on board for whatever at this point because I know we won’t be getting another one.

Seeing Indy crashed out in his lounge chair as an old guy just makes me laugh. This trailer does make it look like there is some kind of time travel involved, not sure how I feel about that. Indy seems more at home with the mystical instead of the sci-fi, one of the reasons I didn't like Crystal Skull.

• 1 month later...

Looking like reviews are somewhat split down the middle.  That's expected, I guess.  I didn't see this getting universal love.  My only real concerns are the stunts and the action being believable.  Though the trailers have me excited, still worried about the action being able to suck me in or turn me off.

• 1 month later...

Me and the wife went to see this today and have just got home. With both of us in our mid(ish) 40’s, lots of love for the original 3 films so were eager to get in early and avoid spoilers.

We had a great time! Lot more history in the plot like films 1 and 3, great cast, excellent sequences in some top Jones style locations.
Story was good, no more crazy than the Holy Grail, Ark of the Covenant or Shankara Stones and all their magical properties!

Hope you all enjoy it - a much, much better way to call it a day than the 4th film.

This movie was fun, ignore all the people online saying it sucked. As an old school Indy fan, I thought it was really good. My current order would be, from best to worst:

Raiders

TLC

DoD

ToD

KotCS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.