Willow

CoLA

I like it so far! It's young adult fantasy but so was the original. I called who Elora was right away, so that wasn't a surprise. So far, they have not said what happened to Madmartigan, only that he left years ago and never returned. As far as I know, Val Kilmer is not in this, so maybe they'll just leave it that way. Seems to be about 20 years or so after the movie as Elora looks to be about that age, maybe a bit younger.

Did you pick up on the Young Guns II reference in episode 2? The part where they race their horses off the cliff and then they ask the lead rider what he was saying to his horse was almost exactly like the one in YG 2. Not sure if that was meant as an easter egg or it was just ripped off LOL.

15 hours ago, The Choc said:

That was the first episode. I only watched the first one and it was in that one.

I really liked it though, alot of fun. 

It was the first one! i watched them back to back and got it mixed up.

I'm a huge fan of the original movie and so far I like what I see. Warwick Davis slips back into the role effortlessly as does Joanne Whalley as Sorsha. The new cast is fun and has a lot of charm to them. Regarding Willow's friend Silas, I thought he was Vohnkar from the original movie at first. He looked so much like him, but looking at the actor Phil Fondacaro's IMDB, he hasn't acted in a few years.

The tone of the series fits the movie pretty perfectly with some of the same kind of humor. My only real complaint is Sorsha's daughter is a little annoying and bratty at times but still these first two episodes were fun.

Lol metallica

Silas’ death was pretty sad, though it would’ve meant more had it been Megosh. Unfortunately that actor passed away years ago.

Kit is a really fucking annoying character. I’m not sure if she’s supposed to be or not but I really dislike her. She’s the only one I don’t like.

lol Ted lasso owner as the woodsman. Bummer she died too

I loled at Metallica as well. This show was definitely made for a specific audience, and that audience is we. 

I think Kit is supposed to be annoying. I feel like her character arc will include a bit of humble pie like she got finding out that Jade has always let her win. She has some growing up to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big agree.

the Beach Boys was a bad choice, but Dire Straits in the finale was worse. I know they cut it out, but a song famous for the use of the word "******" in a show with heavy LGBT representation was pretty tasteless to me

But yeah, I did really enjoy it. Boorman, Jade, and Graydon were the best characters. Rool's cameo was great, and hopefully they'll be able to get Franjean and even Madmartigan, who if I'm right they never flat out confirmed as dead, to have appearances next season. Val Kilmer couldn't travel due to COVID before, but maybe he'll be able to now?

Speaking of now that Kit is medieval Iron Man, she's gotta learn how to flip swords the way Madmartigan did

I wont really say much about the song. I didn't put 2 and 2 together then when watching. I thought the riff from the song worked well though. If it bothered anyone else I suppose thats fair.

As for the show yeah its just solid and fun. The mid credits scene seems to indicate they want to do 3 seasons total of the show although season 2 hasn't even been picked up yet. Seems to be a fairly popular show so should be a solid chance to get a 2nd season.

My main question on Graydon is does he know what hes seeing isn't real? Or does he actually believe he is with Elora?

Finally caught up! Loved the whole thing but I'd rather they had used orchestral music like the original movie. But I did like that Enter Sandman cover! Since it looks like it will be 3 seasons, there's still room to get Madmartigan in there.

I was wondering that about Graydon, too. I think she took on Elora's appearance to trick him, so he just thinks it's her.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.