Diets suck

On 5/6/2023 at 11:08 AM, Tank said:

I was looking at that, but they are very vague about the cost 

After two rounds of blood tests, I got a prescription for Ozempic/ Wegovy.  It is going to take 2-3 weeks to negotiate the costs with insurance.  I think it is based on a sliding scale of how many conditions you have (pure weight loss versus full on diabetus).  I will let you know how it shakes out for me--I think we are in a similar boat health wise. 

You all should just get a bout of complicated diverticulitis.  With two rounds of hospital visits, some days of liquid diets, and some other complications, i’ve lost over 30 pounds since March.

Or you could do it healthily in a not horrifying way.

58 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

You all should just get a bout of complicated diverticulitis.  With two rounds of hospital visits, some days of liquid diets, and some other complications, i’ve lost over 30 pounds since March.

!!!!!!

I mean, that's one way to do it....

13 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I had the shits last week and lost 2 lbs. Best I've done since January.

I had the flu and strep this week.  I lost 2lbs too.  Pro move—I don’t think I pooped all week.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo...FYI I did not go in for treatment for strep.  I did it the old fashioned grandpas cough syrup booze remedy.  Well, I ended up with a bacterial abscess in my throat.  The pain was pretty intense--I decided to go in to the doctor's office when it felt like my whole left side of my face hurt--including all of the teeth on the left side of my face felt like they all had cavities.  I had to "sleep" with ice packs all the way down the side of my face to dull the pain.  Anywho, doctor said the abscess was causing inflammation causing the pain and I was lucky I didn't have to go to the ER and have my throat abscess drained--I was told that was horrible. 

Moral of the story-I lost 10 lbs this week due to the abscess on a ice cream diet.  Boom.

• 1 month later...

I was denied for both Wegovy and Ozempic.  I was recommended Contrave--which I like so far.  Somehow, it makes you disinterested in eating.  My main problem is I am always hungry.  I have lost about 5-6 pounds.  A weird side effect is I am having stressful dreams--not necessarily nightmares, but dreams where I forget about an important deadline.

For weight loss or diabetic or it doesn't matter?  Because Ozempic is approved for me IF it is to treat a condition like diabetes.  Unfortunately, being fat and disgusted with yourself isn't a covered condition for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, Jacen123 said:

I gained some of that weight back, but fortunately not most of it.  I’m heading into surgery this coming Wednesday to get the most affected part of my colon removed.

I’ve been waiting since March to get this done,  but it feels so different with it now imminent.  Fortunately, I’ve got a great surgeon to do the procedure and I know it needs to be done so I avoid a repeat of the hell that was this past spring, but I’ve still got a bit of anxiety creeping up.  I just need to keep that from acting up more than it currently is.

I guess this should help me lose even more weight, though. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.