OH GOD ALMIGHTY PLEASE LET ELECTION SEASON BE DONE

Ms. Spam

Even if Trump doesn’t run third party it’s going to be an incredibly nasty primary between him and DeSantis. Whoever comes out of that won’t do it unscathed.

For better or worse (almost definitely worse) Biden looks intent on running again. Despite almost no one wanting him to I don’t think any democrat would just to primary a sitting President. But after a really rough GOP primary I think he’s be in decent shape to win in 24, provided nothing terrible happens in the next two years.

A whole lot of ifs in that statement I realize, but that’s really all you can do in politics.

I agree that Trump running 3rd party is best case scenario to split the vote. Trumpers aren't necessarily Republican anymore. Republicans will vote red no matter what. Personally the thought of DeSantis as President makes me think I'm having a stroke.

I admittedly wish that Biden would not run for a 2nd term. I mean, I will vote for him over any Republican at this point, but I'm not sure he's going to win over independents. I don't think he's a bad President, either. He's just old and the Democratic party needs to start looking for its new leaders of a younger generation. I don't think Harris is terrible, but they had her bite off more than she could chew coming off the heels of the hot mess Trump administration, and her image has suffered for it. Much as we were all annoyed with Obama's "czars" back in the day, the man knew what he was doing by appointing a leader to a particular problem and telling them to go fix it.

Personally I'd love to see Buttegieg, but I'm not sure how gay friendly independents are. I'm having a hard time getting the pulse of independent voters nowadays. Generally I am one of them, but I've realized I'm not the typical independent anymore. This election needs to be able to win over their vote, and I think that means someone a little more moderate with broad appeal.

15 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

There’s is something about old people and presidency. I don’t care who runs but they at least need to be my age.

14 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

hard disagree

Yeah, I am of the opposite opinion. I think we need new blood in the presidency.   That is not a job for 70somethings.  

On 11/14/2022 at 5:39 PM, Cerina said:

I'd definitely be happy with Buttegieg. He's just so even keeled and almost unruffleable. 

This is the way.

14 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

Omg. Trump announced tonight he is running. 

The next two years of Leopards Ate my Face memes will be glorious. 

5 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

At last this time most people understand Trump's a fucking joke. DeSantis can run and dilute the GOP votes and I'd LOVE to see him ignored outside Florida. I'm part of a few Florida Facebook groups and those people there LOVE him.

Well, while most of his endorsees lost, the races were all pretty close, much like 2020. Sure there wasn't a red wave, but these midterms are far from a referendum. I mean Kari Lake (yeah, that psycho) barely lost by a percentage point in AZ.  I just don't get how someone can buy into Trump's bullshit, either, but this nation is as divided as ever.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.