Ant-Man: Quantumania

CoLA

• 3 months later...

Ooph, this movie is not getting good reviews! I'm not sure I'll go to the theater for this, might just wait for D+. Then again, I haven't been going to the movies much these days, I didn't see Wakanda Forever in the theater even though I really wanted to see it.

A friend of mine “dragged” me to see it last night because his girlfriend wasn’t interested. I think the negative reviews lowered my expectations enough that I enjoyed it. It wasn’t so much an Ant-man / Wasp movie as it was a Kang exposition movie, but it was also so f**king weird just ended up going for the ride. 

A lot of credit going towards the guy playing Kang and rightfully so since he pretty much carried the movie, but at the same time I don’t think this would have been watchable without Paul Rudd. 

So I ended up going and really enjoyed it! Never listen to the critics. Audience score on RT is very positive anyway LOL. Majors as Kang was awesome, I hope that

the version in this movie is not really dead because he seems like the most badass one out of them.

• 3 months later...

Majors was great, too bad he's turned out to be a dirtbag in real life. Marvel is kinda hosed basing the next phase around him.

This movie was... a movie? Like I can't give you a list of mortal sins, but it sure didn't wow me. it was just-- there? I didn't really care about anything, which is too bad. I also missed Scott's crew from the first two movies.

Finally got round to watching it this evening. Interesting concepts with the world down there, always great to see Bill Murray, and Majors created an interesting variant - enjoyed the Loki version a lot when introduced.

But. This was an MCU movie and lacked the charm of the Ant-Man films. The whole Kang thing is screwed because of what Majors has done - really hard watching that film in the full knowledge of that. Maybe those that saw it before this was revealed have a different experience of the film?

With Loki S.2 in the can, more of that same feeling ahead. But I think that’s all he has filmed so far?

Nice ideas, but can’t see me rewatching this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.