Clerks 3

CoLA

Has anyone seen? It was okay, I feel like the parts that were supposed to be funny fell flat. I did like that they got a lot of people from the first one back for this. But my favorite parts were

the more serious scenes, like Dante in the cemetery and the whole ending after Dante had his heart attack and later died. The parts where Randall is realizing Dante has passed and the "I wish you were here" were really good.

• 2 months later...

It was… okay? Fun look back at the original with an older sensibility, few good laughs… but I just don’t love Kevin Smith’s dialog. There was something so groundbreaking about Clerks at the time. That era of 90s indie movies got me so excited, but Smith never quite evolved enough for me.

So Veronica is 61 years old...

9 hours ago, Tank said:

It was… okay? Fun look back at the original with an older sensibility, few good laughs… but I just don’t love Kevin Smith’s dialog. There was something so groundbreaking about Clerks at the time. That era of 90s indie movies got me so excited, but Smith never quite evolved enough for me.

I thought there was growth with Mallrats and Chasing Amy.   Although I enjoyed both Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob I felt as if the writing became stagnant. With Chasing Amy bombing and Clerks 2 barely being watchable...I figured that was that. 

Granted, I haven't seen his recent works such as the True North movies. 

On 1/2/2023 at 8:59 PM, Hobbes said:

Did anyone see this.  Clerks is one of the movies that defined my teen years.  I loved Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and JaSBSB.  Clerks 2 was almost unwatchable. 

I am really interested in watching this and am scared...should I?

A lot of the humor is really dumb in this one but I did like the latter half of it, the ending especially. Don't click on my spoiler!

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the more serious stuff in this one compared to the humor too. I did like the Dack Star Wars references, Elias's costume changes and the dig at Howard Stern. Brian O'Halloran was excellent and Jeff Anderson brought a new level to Randal. 

As for Kevin's other more recent works Red State was really good and different for him. I didn't care for Tusk or Yoga Hosers. Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was pretty meh. Clerks III is a return to form for me. I really did enjoy it a lot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.