Economy 2022!

Ms. Spam

Is raising the interest rates really good?

I think people spending habits have changed so much since maybe the 90s. Does raising the interest rates really help anyone?  

Today at school someone in the teachers copy room stated that forgiving student loans is going to create a bigger recession. 

I am not an economist or anything but in my head I think forgiving student loans might free up people who graduated who had that around their neck to spend more on other things that might help bring us out of this funk. Just like figuring out a way to legally immigrate those people at the border would create a spending buying type thing because once they're here they'll need things and buy them or someone will buy them for them and create more jobs being picked up because I think the ones remaining are service industry and no one can hire for those. 

Also I don't SEE ANY bump up in my interest rates for savings. Damn Bank of America.

More mouths to feed doesn't make the economy better. If that was the case, Mexico City would have a great economy. Industry is what makes or breaks the economy of the cities. When the auto markets deserted Detroit, the surrounding communities and industries that supported those auto plant jobs disappeared with it. 

Dallas / Ft. Worth have a lot of aerospace industry that supports the airbases and manufacturers of their aircraft. I've done plenty of work in many different suppliers of parts for Fighter Jets, military cargo planes and top secret aircraft. Those companies would not exist if the US just up and closed down those bases and military facilities.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.