Your fashion purchases--formerly weird brands on amazon.

Hobbes

image.thumb.png.9851d064f190841488c054da98dd1f43.png

Anyone try Amazon Essentials brand yet?  I know it is just some random manufacturer, but wanted to make sure they are of decent quality.  Sorry--I am not interested in buying a fucking shirt made by Ymosrh.

But what the fuck do I know--I just bought a pair of ugg boots.

Did you get the girly Ugg boots?

I have a few of the weird ass Amazon brands. Pretty sure it is all made in Asia. It doesn't last but it's cute and I can't find shit at Target anymore that isn't a crop top meant to be worn by a 23-year old that has never given birth or had a real job, for that matter. So my over 40 ass buys sweatshop shit on Amazon because it covers my saggy c-section abs. I should probably go back to buying clothes from Costco. I find some nice Eddie Bauer stuff there.

I want to say I've picked up some Amazon essentials stuff for the kids, but maybe not.

55 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Let me tell you a story about my husband shopping on Amazon for truck accessories and happening across a very realistic, veiny looking dildo labeled as a F-150 seatcover and he clicked on it because he was like WTF. I told him thanks a lot for all the nasty shit about to show up in my Amazon suggestions.

Remember truck nuts?

Anywho--I am changing the title to fashion purchases--I am looking to to be a bit more fashionable.  My work clothes are either khakis or cords and a button up shirt and I swear everyone here either wear outdoor gear, althleisure, or lumbersexual.

I don't want to fall into that trap.

• Hobbes changed the title to Your fashion purchases--formerly weird brands on amazon.

I signed up for Stitch Fix a couple of months ago. And so far, I kinda love it. The clothes are high quality, reasonably priced, and it's simple. Most of the brands have been things I've never heard of, but that's fine with me. About 80% of my wardrobe was from Lane Bryant because they're the only brand I know that stays consistent in their sizes so I can shop online more than in store. I like it so much, I signed my husband up as well. So if you want a referral (with a discount I believe) let me know. 

But I recently decided that I need to just dump all the crap in my closet and basically start over with only clothing that looks good on me. So I had my judgy bitch of a sister come watch me try on my entire wardrobe and tell me honestly what looked good and what didn't. Then I started filling in holes, but first I did a LOT of research (it's what I do) about my body type and coloring and what would look good on me. Turns out, 99% of what I'd kept actually followed exactly what all these stylists online recommended for someone my shape and coloring, so go me for accidentally buying the right things sometimes. 

My big thing right now is tshirts. We wear polos a lot at school but finding either a tshirt or polo that doesn’t cinch up in the shoulders or is just the right length is hell on earth. 

the best things I found so far I got at Walmart. Not gonna lie. And I air dry tshirts now because the dryer just fades then and wears them out faster. 

OMG, I've noticed that, too! So many products are from stores with really weird names. Everything is from China, so maybe their names don't translate well, or they just put syllables together that sound good. I recently bought a Dremel-type multi tool drill set. Didn't want to spend a load of money for an actual Dremel, so I settled on one by Goxawee. Lol, what  the hell kind of name is that? It works really well, though, and came with a whole bunch of accessories. 

Anyone order stuff from Ali Express? I've ordered lots of little things, mostly art supplies. Takes a long time to get here, and I've had a few things not arrive at all. Overall, though, it seems to be okay, but only if it's something you don't need in a hurry.

Tina ordered a ton of stuff from Ali Express. I'm still throwing away half the things she ordered because they were weird things like she bought six toothpaste squeezers. Or some kind of weird skull candle holder. Just weird stuff that the bipolar order drove her to buy impulsively. 

I sometimes wonder if some of the stuff that didn't arrive were things that fell over the side of the container ship during a storm. like a thousand rubber duckies.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.