What Car Would You Drive?

monkeygirl

Honestly, the quality of cars have gone up such that make is kind of irrelevant for most brands.  If you service and take care of your vehicle it will usually last a long time. Heck, I would be comfortable driving  a Hyundai or Kia.   They don't offer 100,000 mile warranties for no reason. 

My friend just had his Prius C wrecked into so they're probably going to total it. It's a bad time to buy cars in my opinion because you either have to wait for the car to be made or take what dealerships have on the floor which is not going to be in his price range. He's a starving artist who just took a 13K pay cut to teach sculpture at a community college. They're trying to buy a used bread truck. LOL. To replace a Prius C. It should be interesting to see what his reaction to gas is going to be.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:19 PM, perfectsim said:

There is a 1997 Ford Ranger near me for $3500.... I kinda wonder if it's something I'd like to have. I'm a sucker for a the smaller pickups with manual everything. 

I have a 1995 Mustang GT sitting in our garage.  The clock stopped working a couple of years after I'd bought it and around 2015 the odometer and speedometer stopped working. The gasket from the gas tank to the fuel port started leaking several year before that.  I'm really not impressed with Ford for those reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up a 2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid today. (OK, technically it's at the dealership still for a software update.) We drove to 3 places yesterday just trying to test drive one and each time, it had been sold the night before or someone was in the process of buying it. The original plan was test drive one and place an order for a 2022.

At the last place, which was actually the closest location to us and where we intended to actually place the order, we got there right as someone was buying it, so we couldn't even test drive it. It was now 1:30pm and we had an hour before we had to leave to get the kids. Seeing how frustrated we were, they managed to find a new one that was promised to one of their employees and let us drive it. Our big concern was that we heard the transition from electric to gas was sometimes hesitant or jerky. Luckily, we did not experience that. But when we got back from the test drive, the buyer walked away because the deal fell apart on the trade in. So we snatched it up and took it home for an overnight so no one else could buy it. The truck had 9k miles on it and was fully loaded with everything we wanted and then some, and because it was slightly used, it was a little under the same price we would've had to pay for a custom order anyway and we got some instant gratification out of it instead of waiting 6 months for it (and I found out today that they aren't even offering the hybrid in the trim package we were looking at, so we basically saved even more).

My favorite part? It has massaging seats. The only thing it has that we didn't like? It's black, which is boring. My husband would've picked red and I would've picked blue.

20220920_153912.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.