Your dreams

Hobbes

I saw this graph and thought about my two recurring dreams:

1.  I think it is fairly common, but I regularly have the dream that I forgot about a class all semester only to remember it finals week and I am in a panic to pass the class.

2.  I am driving a car that is out of control, I am side swiping other cars, mailboxes, etc...but I am okay with this.  No panic.

To the best of my recollection, I have never dreamed about my teeth falling out, snakes, or marriage.

What do YOU dream about?

l98bucnshpc91.thumb.png.366f644180accdb596391ba8501ce262.png

Man I have both of those pretty regularly, but I do panic in the car one. I’m pounding on the brakes and nothing happens. I’ve had that one so often I recognize it IN the dream. And the school one, it could be anywhere from elementary through college. People I haven’t thought about in literal decades will show up occasionally.

5 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Man I have both of those pretty regularly, but I do panic in the car one. I’m pounding on the brakes and nothing happens. I’ve had that one so often I recognize it IN the dream. And the school one, it could be anywhere from elementary through college. People I haven’t thought about in literal decades will show up occasionally.

My school dream is ALWAYS the last semester of undergrad right before graduation and it is always the same class-a US history class.  The interesting thing about this specific dream is that towards the end I realize I am in a dream--I remember I did graduate and have another degree based on my graduation.  I consistently come to this realization at the same point every time.  Friends from undergrad show up.  My driving dream seems to be completely unrelated to time or place or people.  That might be why I don't seem to care I driving so out of control.

I have the final exam dream when I'm anxious. It's been a few years, though. 

I've had the dream about teeth falling out, probably twice.

Honestly, the most frequent dream I have is that my husband has decided to leave me/us. He is furious at me for something and won't let me apologize to fix it. He's just done and cold to me.

So after I had kids, I mostly stopped having dreams, or at least dreams I can remember. Honestly I think it's a protection thing. I can remember one dream that I've had about my son, and he was running around the car and definitely in danger and not listening to me. I think my brain knows that even dreams would traumatize me.

My dreams are Scooby Doo like. I go around solving crime with my friends.

I have the flying dream frequently. I am playing in the oak trees around my childhood home and suddenly I am flying through the clouds and seeing Texas like from a birds eye view.

My worst dreams are where I remember all the dumb stuff I did from present to when I was a toddler that my brain feels like I need to replay to get myself feeling crappy and not ...... oh wait that's not dreams that's keeping me from going to sleep. 

Do any of you do melatonin? I ask because that can create vibrant dreams.

Teeth falling out is usually because you've said something you wish you hadn't. At least that's the classic interpretation. Being chased is also a very common anxiety dream. Radio people have the best anxiety dreams! being on the air with nothing to say or play and you have to avoid dead air...

I haven't had one dream-or haven't remembered having one of my Mom since she died. That makes me sad.

Last night I had the schools first day opening dream where I dream everything that can go wrong and wake up hot and sweaty. Stuff like a kid who won't be still and talks WAY too much and a bitchy mom giving me specific instructions for her weird child and none of the books are right and the office keeps calling on the intercom to ask for attendance and I lose half my students at recess and the stupid board markers are all dry and one explodes on me and none of the parents remember to come get their kids when it's all done and I have to take them home and I only have peanut butter but no jelly and the crackers are "digestive biscuits" that are twenty years old.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:34 AM, Ms. Spam said:

I have the flying dream frequently. I am playing in the oak trees around my childhood home and suddenly I am flying through the clouds and seeing Texas like from a birds eye view.

Flying is definitely my most common! Ever since I was little, I would have dreams where I would realize I could fly and would go all over my neighborhood and farther away. I do think about being able to fly pretty often, so I guess that would be why.

I was talking to my neighbors and they've never had the teeth dreams but three of them reported today that they had them last night after I asked about it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I wonder if these are like people who dream about sarlaacs or vagina teeth.

My dreams tend to have recurring locations not based in any reality I know of. I have dreams in the same school, theme park, family land, and house. None of these places are real and they change in small ways sometimes like they tend to grow and expand with new dreams, but they're definitely not real. 

My school dreams typically involve me having skipped the majority of my classes, then panicking, then realizing that I'm old and graduated YEARS ago so wtf am I worrying about. 

My anxiety dreams usually involve me not being able to use my phone properly - typically I can't force myself to push the right buttons or I mistype things while my panic increases. Or sometimes my anxiety dreams are my husband turning his back on me in some way. Last night I dreamt that I was at a family function and slowly spiraling (accusing my mom of never making enough food to account for me...in reality, my mom ALWAYS makes tons more food than necessary regardless of how many people she's trying to feed). I'd called my husband to come help me, and he wouldn't commit to doing so, and then when he did come he walked away from where I was to go hang out with other people. I woke up pretty upset with him and made him cuddle me and tell me that he loves me, which is something he's very used to at this point. 

I only have sex dreams about my husband. And ever since the last pregnancy, many of my sex dreams involve actual orgasms, so that's awesome. 

I do occasionally have very intimate (with no actual sex) dreams about an ex or about my 2 closest male friends. They leave me very confused for a few moments after waking. I rarely, if ever, think about the ex when I'm awake. I did once have sex with one of my guy friends that I dream about, but it was awful, just so omg terrible - the other friend, never. So while I do think about my friends often, I don't really have any sexual attraction to them, just very close platonic friendships. But it's still a little unnerving to wake up with other feelings about them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, Cerina said:

My dreams tend to have recurring locations not based in any reality I know of.

OMG, this is what my dreams are like, too! They tend to happen in the same, or very similar, locations, although different things are happening in them. I used to dream a lot about being in a school building, hospital or shopping mall. I'm always trying to find my way to a specific room, and am frustrated because I can't find it. There are hallways, staircases, and corridors everywhere, but I can't find my way around the place. I'll sometimes pass through a library, but I never get any books. There's usually lots of people around, but they aren't very helpful. At the end, I'll often have to go to the bathroom, and when I find it, there's always something weird about it, like the stalls don't have any doors. Of course, I wake up actually having to use the toilet, lol. 

I used to have this dream growing up where I would visit this place that was really familiar to me, but wasn't anywhere I've been IRL. I remember there was a family there and another kid my age that I would play with. I would get there by going through a hole in the wall in the basement of my parent's house. It was somewhat recurring, like I would have it 3 or 4 times a year. I distinctly remember when I would go through the hole in the wall, I would be in a hallway that ended in a side door. The door went into their house. Right next to the door there was a scarecrow sitting in a chair, I wasn't creeped out by it, it was just there. It also seemed to always be dusk or night time when I was there, too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.