Hulu Recommendations

Jacen123

We finally decided to ditch cable and replaced it with Hulu Live TV since it comes with the added benefit of including Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ (which we were already getting separately before).  Since it seems like there is so much content on Hulu, I'm wondering what you all recommend from it.

I know Light as a Feather of course, but other recommendations from any genre are welcome!

Only Murders in the Building. This series stars Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. Season 2 is due this July. It’s one of the fresher and weirder spins on a murder mystery show. DO NOT WATCH A TRAILER… as season 2’s trailer is out and you could get spoiled for season 1.

Dollface. This series stars Kat Dennings and Brenda Song. All seasons are available, of which there are two. It’s a super quirky dramedy from the feminine perspective, with lots of day dreaming hallucination stuff.

I love both these series.

Just going to zoom through this and pick out the stuff I’ve seen and liked : The Handmaid’s Tale, Difficult People, Future Man, Solar Opposites, I thought the Hillary docuseries was kind of interesting (there’s a bit in it where one of her campaign aides is making very clear and cogent points to her as to how ‘16 is different than ‘08 and she just sort of cuts the conversation short so the two of ‘em can ride to an event in different cars and tells the guy they’ll continue later; there’s a bit where Tim Kaine sort of gleefully recounts how President Barack Obama told them there’s a fascist on the ballot; there’s a photograph of Bill Clinton in the 70s where he’s reading a copy of The Atlantic where the cover story is a work of fiction by my favourite author, I don’t know, I guess that one there is mostly just of interest to me), umm, let’s see, let’s see, I’ve watched some of The Wrong Mans, I really liked the first few seasons of UnREAL but I’m not sure I’ve seen it all the way to the end, oh Letterkenny, yeah, that’s my recommendation, final answer : Letterkenny. Give that a try if you haven’t seen it already.

I hear good things about The Bear, though. Going to give The Bear a watch sometime.

That was one of the few I had already had on my list!  I had mainly just added shows from regular tv, whether old or new, so far.  I know that new season is only on Hulu, but it got added in ahead of time.  I'm just really not familiar with Hulu originals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.