Ms Marvel

CoLA

Starts today! It was better than I thought it would be from the trailer, still comes across a bit CW-ish but the characters are likeable. And she totally has the Nega Bands in this! There is a brief moment where she

seems to briefly go to the Negative Zone

when she first puts it on. Powers seem a bit Green Lanterny because of this but I don't mind the change.

Loved this episode even more! So am I guessing right that her crush actually is her cousin as she was pretending he was in the cafe? Laughed at the "hero landing" moment but I knew right then something was going to go wrong. It was even potentially worse since that looked like a longer fall than where he was when he was hanging out the window.

• 4 weeks later...

Overall, my interest waned. It was still well done, and I think Kamala is a delight. That said, this story isn't for me and I had a hard time getting into it. But you know what-- that's okay. The vast majority of Marvel is stuff is very much for me-- a middle aged nerdy dude whose read comics his whole life. This was for a mindset and voice that's very much not me, and I am glad it exists.

I am very much interested to see Kamal mix with the bigger MCU, which of course the mid-credits teaser set up. I was actually surprised by that one!

Also, SPOILERS... Kamal is apparently going to be our first MCU X-Man?!

I thought the show was fantastic, overall!  Even though the show isn't aimed at me (and neither is the comic), Kamala is such a fun character with a great supporting cast that I still really like the show.  I loved all the quirky art decisions they made at the start with fantasies appearing as art in the air and on buildings that help give the show its own feel.

It was great that they found a way to merge her primary show powers with her comic powers near the end, too.  I also definitely look forward to seeing her interact with others in the MCU.

The first mutant mention in the MCU and it's in Ms Marvel! I was not expecting that. I guess they're still ignoring the Inhumans for now, I guess. Probably not sure what to do after that mess of a series they had a few years back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.