Andor

Zathras

On 11/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, CoLA said:

So is Luthan a Jedi? Not sure if that was a lightsaber one of Saw's men took off of him. I guess it could just be one he collected but why would he just carry it around? And damn, he made those Imperials look like idiots LOL. Han could learn a thing or two from him.

I don't think it is a saber, didn't look like one to me.  Possible it's some kind of melee weapon though.  However, I did notice there was a jedi guardian mask in the collection. 

On 11/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, Rogue 3 said:

Yes, that was a fantastic sequence in his ship! Shows how good this guy is - really enjoyed that and the very subtle nod to Rogue One after Cassian’s phone call, looking off to the horizon.

Could be a saber? Not sure if it needs to be as he such an interesting character without that, but definitely feels like setting something up, and he did give the Kyber crystal to Cassian in episode 3.

I loved the ship sequence, too!

On 11/24/2022 at 6:42 AM, The Choc said:

I felt this show was truly excellent. The first Star Wars show that wasn't "Star Wars Lite" and really felt like something great on it's own. It fulfills the promise of what we were all excited about when Disney bought Lucasfilm. Obviously we all were excited to see Luke, Leia, Han back and the ST. This though fulfills the idea that you can set all different kinds of shows in the Star Wars universe. Im not saying that this is what Star Wars "should be" because I don't think thats the case. There is certainly room for stuff that is more traditional Star Wars with Jedi and the Force and lightsabers. At least there better be cause I love that stuff. This show was just great though. 

I do like this show is standing on its own.   YOu know it's the Star Wars universe, but has a different feel.  

I'm on episode 8 or 9 I think, Andor is in the prison with Andy Serkis and just found out the level 2 thing was a prisoner being re-imprisoned. Obviously next episode is going to be escaping.

So far this is definitely been the most "grown up" of the star wars. Set design, atmosphere, tone and character design has all been spot on for me. But the pacing has been way to slow for me. Or at least, the pacing hasn't served me to become more attached to the characters or to care more about the storyline. So in that sense the slowness of the pacing has failed in its purpose.

Love Stellan Skarsgård's character. Love his cover as an antiquitarian art dealer. Fucking cool. My mind just wanders in all those scenes wondering what kind of cool esoteric galactic artifacts could be stashed in his collection. Think everything about that is amazing. ( I could watch an entire show about such, an Antique dealer who sends out his Indiana Jones-esque protoge/contractor who seeks out crazy artifacts all over the galaxy and bring them back for sale. Queue the exploration of Korriban and insert some light horror stuff, whatever..etc... I digress...)

Over all Im enjoying it, but something makes it feel less Star Wars to me. Maybe the lack of mystery, force, musical stuff and the Uber slow pace is turning me off somewhat. 

I rate Obi Wan over this, but still have the last episode to maybe sway me more 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.