Andor

Zathras

41 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

This is a bit slow for me, even. Normally I am all about character development but for some reason I'm not feeling invested. I like the Mon Mothma storyline, though.

Yeah it is slow for me, too. I like what I see, but things are just dragged out a little too much.  I am hoping this next episode is where it starts to pick up.  As for Mon Mothma, I wonder if they are setting the stage where she leaves her family for the Rebellion.  

I was not expecting him to just blast him like that. I knew he wasn't going to go along with it but I thought he would just decline. I guess he was just disgusted by the fact he even made up the story about his brother to sleaze his way in to the group. It looks like this will be Andor's Han Solo in ANH moment, I think Namik's manifesto is what will get him to fully join the rebelliion.

Highlight of the week for me this show. Really gritty, lots of nerves from those daring to hint at being a rebel. Lovely stuff.

Ending sequence seemed to jump a bit with Cassian’s new location, but other than that, am enjoying the Empire scenes as well as our heroes, and the strong cast in this ensemble show.
Can’t wait to see what comes next, and it’s pleasing we have a timeline laid out. Season 1 covers 1 year, season 2 covers 4 years and finishes at R1. Learning some lessons from the sequel trilogy it seems.

I'm conflicted. While I love certain aspects of the show, i feel that it's severely lacking in other areas. I don't like or care for any of the new Rebel characters at all, apart from Luthen Rael (his character and performance are both flawless) but what really annoys me is the deliberate move to avoid any and all classic alien creatures. When we reach Coruscant, we should see species from a thousand different worlds and all I can see, is human after human and when we do see a new alien design—it's a poorly designed one.

Well episode 8 just flew by! Fascinating series, thoroughly enjoying it!
It feels like an odd jump from him trying to get his mum to leave at the end of ep7 to full on jailed up - all happened so suddenly, but then it’s just emphasising the awful corrupt power of the empire. Genuine confusion and fear on Cassian’s face.

The cast gets more and more impressive - lots of familiar faces in the prison and of course Mr Serkis himself relishing the role!

Fab use of music as well - very dramatic in places with it cutting out.

I’m still really enjoying this show and where it’s going. The prison story line is successfully making me hate the empire, and will also presumably help radicalize Andor to the cause.

Also, the show is doing a good job of making me care about Mon Mothma. 

I’ve watched the first six episodes so far, they seem to be 3 episode arcs so I’ve just been enjoying them as little mini movies. 

I don’t really have any complaints about the show at all. The writing, production values and lack of quota cameos has been bench mark really. In particular I wish other Star Wars shows had as much focus as this one does. 

But for me personally it’s just not that exciting. I don’t know if that’s just over saturation, if it’s just due to some personal life  stuff getting in the way of me being engaged in anything or just that I don’t really associate Star Wars with more mature content. This is just pure personal preference because I know others are really digging it, but that element of it doesn’t work for me. 

I use Star Wars as pure escapism. No rules and a pretty juvenile universe. When I want the more mature and realistic content, I’ll get into some Expanse or BSG. But for Star Wars I like that it’s just cool for the sake of cool, who cares why. When I go to watch Andor, I know it’ll be good and well done but I’d rather just rewatch the Obi Wan/Vader duel. 

So is Luthan a Jedi? Not sure if that was a lightsaber one of Saw's men took off of him. I guess it could just be one he collected but why would he just carry it around? And damn, he made those Imperials look like idiots LOL. Han could learn a thing or two from him.

Yes, that was a fantastic sequence in his ship! Shows how good this guy is - really enjoyed that and the very subtle nod to Rogue One after Cassian’s phone call, looking off to the horizon.

Could be a saber? Not sure if it needs to be as he such an interesting character without that, but definitely feels like setting something up, and he did give the Kyber crystal to Cassian in episode 3.

Well I really enjoyed that final episode. The tension was building and building, and delivered.

Excellent series. As I have been very positive on this show, if I am going to raise any negatives, maybe once you know what’s happened, is there the rewatch value? Maybe, maybe not? I’m looking forward to a rewatch and picking up bits I missed!

But for me this has been an excellent written and acted show, and up there with Rogue One as my favourite thing Disney have done with the franchise.

Don’t miss the little clip after the credits! A flash forward that answers one question from earlier in the series! 

Really cool clip after the credits - thanks for mentioning it or I wouldn’t have caught it. 

I really enjoyed this season and can’t say enough good things about it. This has been my favorite of the streaming shows so far, and the first since Mando to feel rewatchable (I’ve already rewatched a couple of the episodes as the season has progressed). 

I feel like the show has done an amazing job with character building, and creating tension and drama where appropriate. Loving the lack of constant in my face Easter eggs. Loving the brand new world building. Loved the aliens in last weeks episode (can only assume they’ll be shoved in my face as an Easter egg in a Filoni series yet to be filmed). 

So many positive things to say. I hope they keep it up in the second season, and I hope that this show helps influence some of the other live action shows. 

I caught up and watched the finale last night. Overall my feelings are generally the same - really well made, written and acted. Just not terribly exciting and probably the least Star Wars-y of what’s come out so far. 

So how long until the general fandom turns on Gilroy the way they suddenly have Filoni now? 

I felt this show was truly excellent. The first Star Wars show that wasn't "Star Wars Lite" and really felt like something great on it's own. It fulfills the promise of what we were all excited about when Disney bought Lucasfilm. Obviously we all were excited to see Luke, Leia, Han back and the ST. This though fulfills the idea that you can set all different kinds of shows in the Star Wars universe. Im not saying that this is what Star Wars "should be" because I don't think thats the case. There is certainly room for stuff that is more traditional Star Wars with Jedi and the Force and lightsabers. At least there better be cause I love that stuff. This show was just great though. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.