Andor

Zathras

Yes, definitely felt like a 3 act first episode the way it all played out.

Pleased we are off to a great start - flashbacks (Lord of the Flies meets Max Max 3), nicely cutting in with the current storyline, and not shying away from showing the Cassian we saw at the start of Rogue One - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

Very gritty and interesting - time absolutely flew by watching these. Be interesting to see where the sister storyline takes us as he now moves away from his adopted family & friends to his destiny with the rebellion. Lovely stuff.

Like it so far, but talk about a slow burn.  Definitely will be back for more. It feels more mature like Tank said, but in a strange way, it feels less like Star Wars than any of the other shows we have right now.   I am not talking about call backs or Easter Eggs, just the feel of the show is off somehow with these 3 episodes.  Can't quite put my finger on it, and not saying that is either good or bad.  I am sure that once we get going, that will change.   Andor's gun and ship definitely remind me of Kyle Katarn's gun and his ship looks like a cross between the Moldy Crow, and the Raven's Claw. 

12 hours ago, Rogue 3 said:

Agreed - with the Empire’s mining accident more or less destroying his home (still not quite sure how the kids survive - guess like Covid they have stronger resistance?), that works for me.

I'm wondering if they are the children of the miners that were used as labor-- either indigenous, or left behind after the accident. While they are tribal, their clothes are manufactured and their gear is repurposed technology,

11 hours ago, Zathras said:

Like it so far, but talk about a slow burn.  Definitely will be back for more. It feels more mature like Tank said, but in a strange way, it feels less like Star Wars than any of the other shows we have right now.   I am not talking about call backs or Easter Eggs, just the feel of the show is off somehow with these 3 episodes.  Can't quite put my finger on it, and not saying that is either good or bad.  I am sure that once we get going, that will change.   Andor's gun and ship definitely remind me of Kyle Katarn's gun and his ship looks like a cross between the Moldy Crow, and the Raven's Claw. 

Maturity-- yes, exactly. While the lack of cameo/easter eggs is different, it's just in general more somber and isn't going out of its way to be cute. The closest thing to cute is the droid, but even he seems to have some trauma in his past lol. 

And yes, the prop community is going nuts in excitement to see the first live-action version of the Briar Pistol.

Definitely my favorite Star Wars streaming series so far. I always come here after watching something Star Wars related, to see what you all are saying. This is the first time in a while I’ve felt compelled to post. 

To Tank’s point, I really enjoyed the lack of endless winks and nods. Those always make the Star Wars galaxy feel so much smaller than it should be.

Just as an aside, the droid’s voice reminded me of TARS and CASE from Interstellar.

Strong 4th episode. Really setting the scene well and having the story spread out of different planets helps a lot. 
Great cast, a lot of familiar faces, even in small roles like Mon Mothma’s driver.

Only downside was when the credits rolled as I could have watched a good deal more.

Yes, really is world setting and showing the tension in these people that are daring to rebel. The risks they face, the paranoia of these new people coming in - do they suspect me?

We haven’t really seen this - it’s either a pocket group (Rebels or Bad Batch animations) or the rebellion is already established. Very nice.

Great to see the actress playing Mon Mothma back in the role after Rogue One and her deleted scenes from ROTS.

And I think we will be due some good action with this upcoming raid - love the idea of the diversion being based on a religious event which is in fact a natural occurrence in the planets orbit. Lots of nice detail like that.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:32 PM, Zathras said:

Not sure if I saw the same episode as you guys.  It was rather slow....

I'm with you part-way.  Just after the scene about the group doubting Casian and worried about him joining, another guy shows up and we get another scene conveying the exact same doubt and worry.  I don't need to see this twice.  

But the scenes between Casian and Skaarsgard and Skaarsgard and Mon Mothma were excellent.

Half excellent/ half dull episode to an overall excellent series so far.  

That was another nice tense episode - the calm before the storm. Never seen the tie fighter sound be so scarily done in the other film and tv we have seen. Great stuff!

Did anyone else think “uh-oh”, when hearing Mon Mothma has a daughter? The father in me was immediately dreading what might happen to her in the future there when she goes full Rebellion. She was a bit of a cow though, so meh!

Few mentions of Hosnian Prime (to be known as Starkiller Base in ep 7). Also heard it in episode 4 (well, read it on the subtitles…), as an announcement for a transport ship heading there. Just a coincidence?

Cassian’s team now looks to have got their issues resolved and all set for a spicy next episode!

Yeah-- Starkiller base was built on Ilum, Hosnian was the planet they blew up-- and it in itself was a throwaway line in TFA as it was supposed to be Courescant-- but Lucasfilm was nervous about destroying it given that it is central to everything across SW media.

I hate that I know any of this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.