Andor

Zathras

3 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Exactly the right tone I was hoping for for this show.

Same here.  I have long wanted to see the early years of the Empire.  It is cool to see that mid era where the PT and OT collide, like clone troopers still around, but you see imperial officers and tie fighters.  

I also personally have wanted to see Andor because I am a fan of Rogue One, and the tone seems like it will be similar. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Said it in the other thread— but this is like the birth of the true Alliance.

Agreed. I wonder if we will get to see  young(er) Mon Mothma from the PT/R1 make an appearance? And Jimmy Smits, too. 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, Jacen123 said:

Isn't that Mon Mothma showing up pretty prominently in the trailer?

4 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I agree the redhead could be Mon Mothma, but wasn't she always the Senator from Chandrila, not Andor?

As it turns out, it is Mon Mothma.  

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0642444/?ref_=tt_cl_i_5

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9253284/

• 2 months later...

Pretty amazing what a budget will do. You can just tell it's so much more epic than Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. I know part oof that is they started filing this during Mando S2 before they tightened the purse strings. Also know the show-runner Tony Gilroy is big enough he can push them to get what he wants.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Pretty amazing what a budget will do. You can just tell it's so much more epic than Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. I know part oof that is they started filing this during Mando S2 before they tightened the purse strings. Also know the show-runner Tony Gilroy is big enough he can push them to get what he wants.

On the Ringer Verse podcast which aired from SW Celebration 2022 in Anaheim, they mentioned that contrary to what was being said about Obi Wan, that show did have a big budget. But it all went to pay the actors. Getting all the main players to return was expensive, particularly when someone like Liam Neeson was reluctant to “do TV.” 

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, The Choc said:

Between the trailers and any other promo material they've put out I really think this will be the best Star Wars show yet. And by a pretty good margin too.

I agree— and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this is because it’s the show with both the highest budget and the least amount of studio interference and lowest level of star power.

Well that was super interesting.

It’s feeling a little piecemeal and takes the first three episodes to come together and make sense with all the individual parts— but I have to say it’s the most mature, both tonally and in content, SW to date. It almost  feels like this was and original story adapted to Andor/SW… which may not be a bad thing.

This may also be the first Star War since Empire Strikes Back to not expend half its energy reminding you it’s a Star War with countless callbacks, Easter eggs, winks, nudges, and cameos. Something else I really appreciate. Not to say they weren’t there, but all those YouTube videos dedicated to Easter eggs are going to have to hunt a bit more because this show isn’t living six miles up Dave Filoni’s ass.

But best of all, this show had a proper budget and doesn’t feel like a video game cut scene or have that faux abbreviated action that all the other SW shows have had from shooting on the volume stage.

Really curious to see where this goes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.