Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers

The Choc

May as well post my short-but-filled-with-spoilers review of the movie!

Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers

¾

The villain of this movie is Robert Zemeckis! This is both text and subtext! Same as Ready Player One (2018)! The filmmakers know, they know the audience knows, it’s front and centre throughout the movie. It’s not just something they get out of the way early (although, of course, they do! ~6 minutes in!) they go through the trouble of pointing it out explicitly. Will Arnett’s Peter Pan’s henchman played by Seth Rogen is referenced as being from one Robert Zemeckis film even though he’s clearly from an entirely different Robert Zemeckis film! Will Arnett’s Peter Pan’s hand slides past the bottle of DIP! They hate Robert Zemeckis! They love Robert Zemeckis! They could’ve just held up a sign saying “NOTICE ME SENPAI” for an hour and a half instead!

We watched it and loved it! Trevor and I want to watch it again because I KNOW we missed a ton the first time around. There's nothing unpredictable about the central plot, but just the sheer number of references, easter eggs, and cameos make it great. 

I thought it was the most never ending SNL skit I ever saw. I wish I could dip myself just to forget I ever saw this film. My kids hated it too, except for Ugly Sonic. I fell asleep during it and when I woke up I was mad it was still on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.