tik tok

I'll preface by saying I expect to get mocked for being old but I am in love with tik tok!

I get such a heavy dose of seratonin from all the animal videos and I really like finding 'my people' from all over the world, but I recently discovered how to just scroll through all the "lives" that are going on at any given time.

Holy COW, it's the Wild West here! You can see Libertarians with the "don't tread on me" flag as a backdrop screaming about the govmint, MAGA people yelling about Trump, thoughtful types who give you great info, pretty young people trying out their political legs, mentally and physically challenged people living their best lives, people simply just living their lives on camera. I find it SO entertaining! It's better than teevee!

Do you ever go on tik tok? Have you ever just surfed the "live"?

I like watching people organize their shit on Tik Tok. There's a whole community of people who organize and restock things on there, and it relaxes me. 

My husband is like a Tik Tok addict. He'll just be glued to it for like an hour before he falls asleep. I think it works well with his ADHD brain. 

I enjoy the app when it feeds me content I feel is original or fresher. I get tired of it when it is feeding me just repetitive trends. I know this sounds like, “Bro, do you even TikTok?” lol But there are a lot of types of content other than lip syncing and dancing.

This is my type of off wall comedy stuff…

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdGo2h9W/?k=1

I also like historical tours, tips for things like art and cooking, and educational videos… I suppose this sentence could have just been ‘I like educational videos’.

1 hour ago, Spider-Man said:

I enjoy the app when it feeds me content I feel is original or fresher. I get tired of it when it is feeding me just repetitive trends. I know this sounds like, “Bro, do you even TikTok?” lol But there are a lot of types of content other than lip syncing and dancing.

This is my type of off wall comedy stuff…

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdGo2h9W/?k=1

I also like historical tours, tips for things like art and cooking, and educational videos… I suppose this sentence could have just been ‘I like educational videos’.

I like that video. I'd heart it.

53 minutes ago, Tank said:

I definitely get less sleep/work done because I start scrolling and can’t stop

HOURS, sometimes. But I find this also makes it the perfect time filler, not just waster. waiting for things annoys me so I'm happy to be early now for appointments when I can just graze on people's lives.

I don’t have a Tik Tok account (is that how it works?) but sometimes I see individual Tik Toks out there on the wider Internet or wherever.

Here are some of them :

- the one where the girl is hornt for General Grievous (here!)

- the one about the critical reactions to TLJ and RotS (here!)

- a (deliberately???) cheesy/corny rap about how to make cereal on שבת (here!)

- I can’t find this and it might not even have been a TikTok but it was a scene from IasiP where Charlie sings a song and the characters on the show were labelled as various political factions in the Democratic Party and Danny DeVito was labelled as Danny DeVito

- a bit where Kylo Ren’s dialogue in TLJ is a line Adam Driver said on Girls, I think (here!)

- can’t find this one but it’s a guy chasing his duck around his attic and screaming “GO TO BED JERRY” at his duck!?

- can’t find this one but it’s a guy sitting in his parked car while it’s raining and saying something like “Communism is a lot like rain. At first it seems like it’s going to be okay but then you go outside” and he gets out of his car and screams “AND THEN IT’S EVEN BETTER!”

- can’t find this one but it’s a girl in class playing with her glasses synced up to part of this song

- a garden hose spraying water set to Elton John’s Rocket Man; uch, can’t find this one either

- a teacher in a classroom telling her students that the Earth is flat and the North Pole doesn’t exist

- a guy saying the name Kyle three times into a mirror and a Kyle appears out of nowhere and says¡Ay mami! What’s popping?” and the guy screams

- just a bunch of kids dancing in their basement to Toto’s Africa

- just a bunch of guys clapping for their very very very very pleased dog

- a girl singing but her camera uses facial recognition to automatically focus in on part of her t-shirt and she bowls over laughing at the mistake, pretty sure the song was a Tenacious D song

- girls pranking a girl named Allison with that thing where you tell them to put their feet flush up against the wall and then stand on one foot so they fall over, classic, wish I could find it!

- really mad I can’t find this one! A woman with her sheep and she’s singing to them in Arabic (???) and they’re baaing at correct times with the song. Translated, from memory, it was something like : “Oh my sheep – baaa! baaa! - you are my life – baa! baa! - walk with me – baa! baa! - sing with me – baa! baa!”.

- okay, found one that I actually have a working link to; it’s the one where General Grievous and Threepio and ... .... .... the droid voiced by Alan Tudyk in R1 are dancing to ... The Killers? Idk? (here!)

- cats! oh, wait, this might not actually be a Tik Tok though. (here!)

- “Boromir. sword.” (here!)

- there’s something I can’t find any specific examples for at the moment but that’s absolutely commonplace and I like it lots and lots. It’s the thing where a user can match or synchronize or stitch (don’t know the exact terminology!) their video with other user’s videos so you can make your video a part of their video. Almost like it’s a panel on a comics page. But it also makes use of certain kinds of cinematic language : so, sometimes it’s like you’re showing what’s just outside the range of their camera or whatever. But sometimes it’s like you’re showing the opposite perspective of their camera!? I wish I had examples on hand to explain this better.

Seen loads of goats without horns, or small/barely visible horns. It was the face shape and ears, and their proportions that made me think those were goats. But on further viewings think they are sheep. I couldn't see any wool texture to their coat either..until like 3rd or 4th watch. My bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need a good tik tok tutorial. I want to learn how to create videos and use hashtags and I can't figure it all out. All the 'help' I can find is on how to create and select the right words for hashtags to generate interest-I just need to know the mechanics of actual posting because it's not intuitive to me. I've Googled and still can't find appropriate help. Do you know of any?

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.