She-Hulk!

CoLA

Yeah the entire internet is echoing this. I saw none of the backlash and thought the exact same thing when I watched it.

Either it isn’t done, or this response will make them do more. Either way I’m sure it will be fine by the time it airs.

CGI has been an issue with the MCU lately for a few projects though. I wonder if having so many things going on is stretching them too thin. Listening to rumors on r/marvelstudiosspoilers it’s like they’re working on a film or show for literally every character, including multiversal. It’s too much even for me, so I can imagine how the various effects teams might feel 

There's a backlog in general across the industry. A lot of the smaller boutiques went out of business during covid. They are the backbone of the industry. If you look at the end credits for any Marvel project you'll see no less than a dozen FX houses. The days of one company doing all the effects for a single movie are done. These days, given how everything is shot digitally, the number of effects shots in a movie has increased by tenfold. It's no longer just add in the giant monster or spaceship, it's also make the sky prettier, take out those trees, touch up this actor... with the advances in FX AI, you don't have to have a dude spending a thousand hours masking out things on a green screen, the AI learning can isolate elements in a shot sop well it's scary, There's effects done that you don't even see.

With movies needing so many shots, smaller FX houses were flourishing by just picking up one or two sequences for movies. But during covid, it was only the big studio films that managed to make their way through post, which means the work dropped off, and a lot of places had to shutter. Now the pipeline is back up and the demand is there, but the amount of houses available has dropped.

The thumbnail for this makes me wish it actually was Aubrey Plaza who was cast as Shulky.

When I was a young teen*, I was of course enamored with She-Hulk for a quick minute. There could be a self depreciating joke in there, was unintentional as I wrote the sentence. It was interesting to see Disney lean hard into that aspect of Shulky’s classic marketing. I dunno why interesting. It’s not like culture has matured that much. I dunno, I guess it just felt like an old promo. Sorta expected to see a Thursdays on NBC! pop up.

Anyway, overall I am getting more and more meh about standard Superhero fare. I hope this is good for those that aren’t meh, and I hope to be surprised by it like I was by Hawkeye (which was also standard to be fair, but felt really cool).

*removed superfluous description, added superfluous editing explanation

• 5 weeks later...

Looks fun but she's nowhere near jacked enough. I get people are afraid of muscle on women, for some reason people think it's too masculine..but seriously, she's meant to be she hulk. She looks no more jacked or larger in scale than an Olympic sprinter or swimmer. With CGI they could literally take it as far as they like... Plenty of female IFBB PROs out there who haven't had the androgenous effects of steroid use for reference. Even her scale just seems... "Tall human female". 

SheHulk1B_1d0cd668-9ef8-46ae-842b-38c2db2fccec_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.559b139e699a9036328f6e5682d99948.jpg

Like, that's what I think when i think of she hulk in terms of scale and mass. It could be taken further for sure..but that seems a pretty good balance for a wide audience. Just not getting that from the trailer. Hopefully it can be addressed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad to her you both liked it.  It didn't really do a whole lot for me, though, unfortunately.  I have no clue why they didn't release the first two episodes at once for it like they have done for so many other Marvel and Star Wars shows.  I was disappointed that we got almost nothing of the show's central premise of Jennifer being a lawyer.  I'll certainly be back for the next episode, but I was disappointed having nearly everything be the origin of her powers. Oh well.

28 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

I'm glad to her you both liked it.  It didn't really do a whole lot for me, though, unfortunately.  I have no clue why they didn't release the first two episodes at once for it like they have done for so many other Marvel and Star Wars shows.  I was disappointed that we got almost nothing of the show's central premise of Jennifer being a lawyer.  I'll certainly be back for the next episode, but I was disappointed having nearly everything be the origin of her powers. Oh well.

I think it was needed since non-comic readers won't be as familiar with her and they need to establish that she is different than Hulk. Still 8 more episodes so there should be plenty of time for the lawyer stuff.

18 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Blonsky talking about his pen pals likely a Thunderbolts reference. And lol Bruce is literally a different person cuz he ain’t Ed Norton anymore.

I like those little nods, like Rhodey's "It's me, I'm here, deal with it" in IM 2.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.