Stranger Things!

CoLA

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:01 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

Okay in the new trailer was Eddie playing guitar in the upside down, because that could either be the absolute best or absolute worst scene ever.

It was the best 

6 hours ago, Odine said:

Can we talk about

Hide contents

how brutally the jock basketball player douche gets killed? Like wow..I'm not sure even he deserved the brutality of being torn in half by the casm/rift that opens beneath him lol

I honestly missed that until you said something. I think he deserved it.  Jason was out to KILL Eddie Street Chrissy had died. He was going to kill Lucas. Hell those two little Stephen King bully fucks from the first season deserved a grim demise. They tried to kill Dustin and Mike.

If it were me I'd rather melt in half instead of having my bones broken after I go blind. 

One thing I've seen is the praise of the Master of Puppets scene. The scene kicked all the ass IMO, but there knock on the Neverending Story scene from last season was that it took you out of the moment. Fair enough, but the song involved everyone because they were all listening to it. Corny yes, but Dusty Buns got the number because of it. The Master of Puppets scene could have been done with a stereo. While the action going on was centered around the song, it was funny having Eddie finishing up the solo right before they had to duck inside. But hey, that moment was METAL. If it wasn't Master of Puppets it had to be Reigning Blood.

Master of Puppets works thematically more.. Vecna getting in people's minds and all that. But Raining Blood would have been sweet too.  

I loved Eddie this episode.

I'm glad he had his moment(s) of glory. I may have even shed a tear or two for the guy. Which no other on screen death has done to me.

The Duffers did a great job building shortcutting anticipation for the final season. Maybe too good? They had said that there would be a time jump to compensate for the kids aging. At least three years I think was reported. I guess they could do that if you anticipate the upside down leaking slowly into our world. But our fearless heroes know they half to end this so their plan three years later better be good off the bat. Plus they're going to leave Max on a vegetative state for that long? I've let up on them bringing her back. Hey unconscious state is going to play a part in how Eleven figures things out i would assume.

A three year jump would be odd given how it ended. I wonder if there’s some stuff shot recently they could use first before jumping ahead. The kids definitely grew fast. I am rewatching season one, and a lot of the magic comes from the sweetness and how genuine the kids are at that age.

I will repeat what I said before, the magic of S1 can never be replicated, but S4 is easily the closest they’ve come. They did a good job of bringing everything together despite blowing things up to such an epic proportion.

Good call Met on Master of Puppets. That was great. It was hokey, but also super appropriate.

I do think they could have ended Vecna and ended the series, I hope they aren’t just doing a filler season because Netflix wanted it.

This was the best finale out of every season, bar none! So bummed about

Eddie dying

and they had me when

Max was dying, I legit thought that was it for her

. Can't believe how many emotional moments there were in this one, I don't know how they will be able to top this one.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

A three year jump would be odd given how it ended. I wonder if there’s some stuff shot recently they could use first before jumping ahead. The kids definitely grew fast. I am rewatching season one, and a lot of the magic comes from the sweetness and how genuine the kids are at that age.

I will repeat what I said before, the magic of S1 can never be replicated, but S4 is easily the closest they’ve come. They did a good job of bringing everything together despite blowing things up to such an epic proportion.

Good call Met on Master of Puppets. That was great. It was hokey, but also super appropriate.

I do think they could have ended Vecna and ended the series, I hope they aren’t just doing a filler season because Netflix wanted it.

I think the reason this season was so good is because they stopped trying to recreate the magic of the first season. 

6 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

How was it night in Indiana and Nevada (I think that’s where El and the others did the deprivation tank) and Siberia all at the same time 

Is it possible that they are far north enough that it would dark nearly all day where they were?

6 minutes ago, The Choc said:

Is it possible that they are far north enough that it would dark nearly all day where they were?

I thought about that but they made it pretty clear this was happening during spring break so polar night wouldn’t really be in effect, and there has been some day scenes while Hopper was working in the prison 

I don’t actually care about this. Didn’t bother me at all. Just noticed is all.

Of course i had to look. Obviously it could be dark in Indiana and Nevada at the same time. The time difference between Indiana and Kamchatka is 7 hours. So in theory it could happen, except when you take into account Surfer Boy Pizza was about to close. I don't think pizza places in '86 closed super late like they do now. I've thought too much about this now lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.