General Sports Discussion

Metropolis

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know what happened. I loved watching the All-Star events and the game. Its just not that interesting anymore. The players have no beef against each other and it just becomes a Harlem Globe Trotters game on steroids. 

I can say the same for the Pro Bowl. Flag Football?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Metropolis said:

You have to pay for Bally's? That's part of our regular sports package. I did get NBA league pass on Black Friday when it was half off. Other than that Marlins, Rays, and Lightning are on Bally's here.

We cut the cord years ago. I got tired of paying nearly $300 a month for cable and internet. I kept the internet, subscribed to Hulu with Disney+ and ESPN+. We had HBO for a while, but I got tired of paying for movie service with commercials. So no, I'm not paying Bally's $20 a month for their service.

Frontier is my current broadband provider. I've been on Fios way back when it was Verizon. The internet service is awesome, but when it came to getting rid of movie channels and other stuff to cut the costs, they really just started giving us less for the same price. Cable companies are horrible. We have 4K Netflix, Roku and Hulu. I'll take that for $160 a month.

The Stars are being aired on ESPN+ tonight, and it turns out that the Mavs are being aired on TNT.

On 3/23/2024 at 10:50 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

I was super happy to watch Arizona win a game for once. Counting the win they’re 27-8, and in games I’ve watched this year they’re now 1–4.

part of the reason I don’t watch sports as much as I want is my teams almost invariably lose whenever I turn them on

All right well guess it's gonna be 1-5 fucking goddamnit

then again I just turned it off, so if they turn around and win, I should get an invite to the elite 8 on saturday

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.