General Sports Discussion

Metropolis

The Lightning last night showing that sometimes you just need the best goalie in the planet to be the best goalie in the planet.

The Heat? WTF? I thought I was having a bad day yesterday. Funny i didn't hear Steven A or anything else mention that the Celtics didn't actually play that well. The Heat were just garbage. 

On 5/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, Gamevet said:

I flipped on a USFL game today. It was the Breakers vs Maulers. I swear, there wasn't even 100 people in the stands. There's no way this league is around next year.

I thought at first they were playing only in Birmingham because of covid. It's actually because of cost saving measures. I get it, but they can't tell me that they didn't expect the non Birmingham games to have crap attendance. The product itself is kinda lackluster. They said this would probably change if they make it to a second season.

The Heat have nothing on my Mavs for being garbage. 1st the fines for people on the bench wearing a shirt the color of Golden State’s jersey, then their total lack of defensive in the paint is just mind boggling. I’m pretty sure they’re getting swept tonight.

Steven A can kiss Heat fans' asses. You were right. They are going home tonight.....for game 7.

The Heat have won in so many different ways this year that i couldn't count them out tonight. Because of that inconsistent play i couldn't guarantee a game 7 win. As a fan I'm never going against my team so yeah we're getting game 7 lol.

The refs are stinking up game 5 of the NBA Finals. Green grabbed the arms of Smart while he was inside the paint and no call. Smart gets a T while bitching about another f'ed up call and I agree with his frustration over that poor call. I'd go on about some other non-calls and bad calls, but anyone watching this game would see what I'm talking about.

I think that the whole debacle in game 5 pretty much broke the spirit of the Celtics. It  was a done deal after that. I didn’t even look in on the game until 4 minutes left in the 2nd. I checked out at half-time and watched from the near the end of the 3rd to about 6 minutes left in the 4th and shut it off. 

id like to thank Manu Ginobili for turning the NBA in the soccer flop league. It’s gotten to the point that  the refs ignore legit offensive charging fouls and reward those with the best acting skills. It totally ruins the momentum of the game and just needs to stop. I’ve always hated Manu for that.

I remember the years ago we took the series least against the Capitols and then proceeded to forget how to score the rest of the series. That was the worst I've seen in years. Even the sell against Columbus. This is just atrocious. It's like they have no idea how to even remotely play D.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.