I am getting hair transplants

Hobbes

I have mentioned my crippling fear of aging and death here a few times.  Looking in the mirror and seeing signs of aging spin me into panic attacks.  I use morning and night anti-wrinkle face AND eye cream, Rogain, hair dye, and Nioxin hair products.  I have noticed my hair line slowly receding (Rogain doesn't help with that) and it is stressing me out.  I am going on a Disney family cruise in October and I am sure many pictures will be taken causing me additional stress.  I have a consultation later this week.  Has anyone else had any cosmetic surgery?

If someone wanted to gift me a tummy tuck I would take it. My abs are destroyed from 2 c-sections. And I'm pissed because I just went to the doctor and I've put on 5 lbs since I started running in November. Doc told me I was down 10 from the previous year but it doesn't feel like it. (He also told me it was water weight, but he also told me to cut my food intake by 1/3 and I about shoved his stethoscope up his ass.) I'm just tired of being the most active 40-year old I know and still 20-30 lbs overweight with fabulous blood work. At this point its all cosmetic.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I have done some research into Test HRT (testosterone replacement therapy). And research into various PEDs , side effects, benefits versus risks etc. Fuck it.. I'm 38. Unfortunately I don't think my wallet could sustain a HRT cycle or any other high grade anabolic stimulus. So I haven't done anything. 

But yeah there comes a point where every little bit of help helps. Who am I to judge.

But for the record,

When ladies get too much Botox or collogin lip implants.. that look isn't good. I'm looking at you Sandra Bullock

15 hours ago, Tank said:

Having been trading the same 40 pounds up and down for half my life, I’ve thought about getting a lap band as the older I get the harder the “down” part of that cycle gets.

I trade about 15lbs from 200-215 and it is seasonal.  I gain it in the fall with back to school and start losing it now.  I started to feel fluffier earlier than normal this season so I actually started to be more mindful and have dropped 10 lbs right away--but I always plateau around 205.  I can hit 200 for a bit, but is a struggle to maintain for more than a week.    

15 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

If someone wanted to gift me a tummy tuck I would take it. My abs are destroyed from 2 c-sections. And I'm pissed because I just went to the doctor and I've put on 5 lbs since I started running in November. Doc told me I was down 10 from the previous year but it doesn't feel like it. (He also told me it was water weight, but he also told me to cut my food intake by 1/3 and I about shoved his stethoscope up his ass.) I'm just tired of being the most active 40-year old I know and still 20-30 lbs overweight with fabulous blood work. At this point its all cosmetic.

All of this (except the c-section) is me.  

In my last year of my ph.d, I took a year off from public education and took an independent contractor job training hospital staff on software upgrades.  I would travel a week each month and be present at some random hospital in Delaware in case staff had any questions.  Nobody wanted it but me so I always on the overnight shift.  I would basically wander around the hospital all night.  It was peaceful and haunting at the same time--I remember the floor for old people that were just there waiting for the inevitable.  One old man they had in the hallway was there in the same position every night and stared/ tracked me with eye contact and gave me the slightest nod every time I walked by.  I smiled and nodded in return.  One night I passed him a few times and we did our usual smile and nod but by my next loop through he had been wheeled away.  I don't know why I just shared this, but I already typed it out so it is staying.

My point to all that was my big takeaway from that job was people in the cardiac wing were all middle aged and quite large.  All the people in the elderly floor were thin.  This has always stayed with me.  I have always had low blood pressure, but for the first time it was like 130/80 last month.  I drink more coffee now than I ever have, but I feel the reaper slowly starting to crack the door...

As soon as I can afford it, I'm getting bariatric surgery. And the #1 reason I want to do that is because most plastic surgeons have a BMI limit. What I really want is to have my abs sewn back together. Right now I estimate that my upper ab muscles are separated by a good 6-7 inches, and I can't move because of it. The only way to fix this is surgery, and it's considered cosmetic. Most plastic surgeons will only do it as part of a tummy tuck or mommy makeover. So that's my long-term goal.

31 minutes ago, Cerina said:

As soon as I can afford it, I'm getting bariatric surgery. And the #1 reason I want to do that is because most plastic surgeons have a BMI limit. What I really want is to have my abs sewn back together. Right now I estimate that my upper ab muscles are separated by a good 6-7 inches, and I can't move because of it. The only way to fix this is surgery, and it's considered cosmetic. Most plastic surgeons will only do it as part of a tummy tuck or mommy makeover. So that's my long-term goal.

You live in Texas, can’t you go to Mexico and have it done for like $20?

17 hours ago, Fozzie said:

You live in Texas, can’t you go to Mexico and have it done for like $20?

That's probably the route I'll wind up going. Still need money though. I have a really good friend who did this. She's also building a house in Mexico (her husband is from there and most of his family still lives there), so I'll probably do it once their house is done so I have somewhere to recover for a couple of weeks. 

My belief about aging and what is appropriate is that you should do whatever the hell you want and if someone looks down on you for it then fuck those people. Meaning tell them to screw off, not advocating for hate bones. This might sound really aggressive, but it’s probably just because I noticed the censor was off and now it’s like I can say anything. Live your life how you want, my favorite ducks. My phone corrected that, I guess it thinks fuck doesn’t sound right coming from me. It’s probably right. I suppose that I have betrayed my message here by not un-autocorrecting it. Damn, life always throwing curveballs.

• 1 month later...

So I got moved up to June 2nd.

The surgeon called me yesterday and said to prepare to be there for 8-9 hours.  I asked should I bring my iPad and watch movies and stuff all day.  He asked if I had someone to pick me up--I said yes.

He said, "if you aren't driving, I can give you some drugs to make this whole thing a very pleasurable experience".

Yes please...

10 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

This should be fun to watch grow out.

It will actually look worse in a few months, it will look like it does now around October, and won't start to blossom until Christmas with full effects in the spring.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.