6.  Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

7.  Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

8. Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 3

9.  Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

10.  The Force Unleashed

Runner up: Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

1. Yoda Stories.

2-10. also Yoda Stories.

Honourable mentions : the podracing one, X-Wing of course, TIE Fighter of course, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter absolutely, don’t think I ever played X-Wing Alliance tho, Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault II, Dark Forces yeah, Dark Forces II heeeeell yeah, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, don’t think I ever played Jedi Academy, probably only played the freeware demo of the first Rogue Squadron game, only played a v. little bit of the first KotoR, same deal w/Battlefront, played The Force Unleashed on Wii, probably only got the first level of Shadows of the Empire as a demo, Force Commander’s score was incredible in my memory but revisiting it now on YouTube, uh, not so much no.

Mine are all heavily in the 90’s/2000 era…well all of them actually. 

1. Rogue Leader (GameCube) 

2. Rogue Squadron (N64)

3. Jedi Outcast (PC)

4. Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64/PC)

5. Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 (PC)

I can’t say I’ve played enough of the others to warrant a ranking and also feel like I’m forgetting some major. 

KoTR unfortunately came out when I wasn’t gaming at all so missed the boat, but really looking forward to the remake. 

Fallen Order was a lot of fun but then some spider monster thing appeared and I f**king bailed hard on that one so barely played it. 

1. Kotor

2.Kotor2

3. SWTOR

4. Jedi Fallen Order

(3 and 4 are interchangeable I think)

5. SW Battlefront 

6. SW Galaxies

7. Dark Forces 

8. Jedi Knight 2

9. Rebel Assault (first SW game I played)

10. Force Unleashed

10. ESB Walker Assault, Atari 2600 

9. Super Star Wars, Super NES

8. Dark Forces, my OG Mac

7. Tie Fighter / X-Wing, my Dad’s PC

6. The Phantom Menace, PS2

5. Jedi Starfighter, PS2

4. Rebel Assault, CDROM

3. Shadows of the Empire, N64

2. Battlefront, PS4

1. Lego Star Wars, Wii

Jedi Outcast is a well made and fun game, but I’m not replaying it over and over or having memories made with playing it.

I missed the boat on the KOTOR games, and they are too clunky for me to play for the first time now. Maybe when the remasters come.

1. KOTOR (XBox)

2. KOTOR 2 (XBox)

3. Lego Star Wars (PS3)

4. Shadows of the Empire (N64)

5. Jedi Fallen Order (PS4)

6. The Force Unleashed (PS3)

7. Dark Forces 2 (PC)

8. Star Wars Rebellion (PC)

9. SW Ep. 1: Jedi Power Battles (PS1)

10. Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES)

Rebellion (at number 8), I remember being great fun as a strategy game, building fleets and having events trigger from the original movies - such as if Vader and Luke are in the same system it triggers their encounter and boosts Luke to ROTJ status. Similar upgrades for other heroes like Leia discovering her heritage (when in the same system as an ROTJ Luke), and having some mild force power boosts to stats. Fond memories. 

Agree with RC Allen - Yoda stories was really good fun also!

I bought a cheap X-Box for the sole purpose of playing KOTOR a little while after they came out after hearing all the buzz. Awesome games!

Guilty pleasure? Masters of Teras Kasi… I enjoyed unlocking all the bits and was never a great player of the likes of Streetfighter or Mortal Kombat, so this for me was a bit of fun.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

10. ESB Walker Assault, Atari 2600 

9. Super Star Wars, Super NES

8. Dark Forces, my OG Mac

7. Tie Fighter / X-Wing, my Dad’s PC

6. The Phantom Menace, PS2

5. Jedi Starfighter, PS2

4. Rebel Assault, CDROM

3. Shadows of the Empire, N64

2. Battlefront, PS4

1. Lego Star Wars, Wii

Jedi Outcast is a well made and fun game, but I’m not replaying it over and over or having memories made with playing it.

I missed the boat on the KOTOR games, and they are too clunky for me to play for the first time now. Maybe when the remasters come.

I remember reading an article on PC Gamer (I think) about the KOTOR remake, how they are completely re making and modernizing the combat so it's more action based. So that's good news for you Tank.

19 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Another game I loved was the arcade vector graphics Star Wars.  

Agreed - pretty sure it was the first arcade game I would have played knowing me!

48 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

No list yet, but I loved Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back for the NES.

Had to Google some images for those to double check, but yes definitely played and enjoyed those as well! Classics!

My dad had to make a very unusual work trip, especially since factory workers don’t really travel a lot for work, and even though we weren’t close my parents bought me Star Wars for some reason having to do with him being gone. And as he was trying to say goodbye, I was just glued to the screen. But, again, not close and he worked 12 hour days and half the time worked nights, so not seeing him for a couple days was standard.

Sorry to hear that mate. Can’t have been easy with him away so much.

It is funny how certain things will trigger memories. That game being your example, and there have been a number of times a sound or even smell of something cooking would trigger a memory and transport me back to a certain event.

For example with my daughter and some of her new toys - that new plastic-type smell takes me back to when I was a kid and had a new Star Wars figure - taking it out of the packaging to get that waft of “fresh from the production line” plastic! 
Or a sound effect on a show/film that takes you back to some memory you thought you’d forgotten about. Well weird when it happens!

36 minutes ago, Rogue 3 said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Can’t have been easy with him away so much.

Thanks, but it was the 90s, and I lived in a poor neighborhood. People who had active fathers were unusual. It was just weird that they bought me something because he was going to be gone when he already was gone all the time.

I don't think I've played enough SW games to have a top ten! The KOTOR games were really good and Fallen Order was fun. SW: Squadrons in VR is awesome! One of my favorite SW games wasn't even Star Wars! It was called Psi-Ops and your character was basically a Jedi throwing stuff and enemies around with TK! Only thing missing was a lightsaber.

You should check out Control if you like TK action.

I wanted to love squadrons, I got an occulus just to realize a life long dream of flying an X-Wing. The VR realization was great, when it wasn’t glitching out on me.

The game itself… it was all right. I was bored by the end.

48 minutes ago, Tank said:

You should check out Control if you like TK action.

I wanted to love squadrons, I got an occulus just to realize a life king dream of flying an X-Wing. The VR realization was great, when it wasn’t glitching out on me.

The game itself… it was all right. I was bored by the end.

I played Control! That was very Force-ish, too, one of the outfits you unlock even looks like a SW one. Too bad I played on a PS4, the game would experience big slowdowns on some of the fight parts. And it's funny, as fun as I found Squadrons, I still haven't completed the story mode. But it taught me that I would be a really crap pilot!

I remember the MAtrix game where you played as Jada Pinket Smith on the pS2 being  the first one “forcey” mechanics. I loved that game. It, like Control and Outcast, was very satisfying and gratifying to stomp squads of enemies at once. Force Unleashed too.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I wanted to love squadrons, I got an occulus just to realize a life long dream of flying an X-Wing. The VR realization was great, when it wasn’t glitching out on me

Yeah that one was a fair bit of a letdown. Fun for what it was but I was expecting a lot more out of it, considering it was the X Wing/TIE Fighter & Rouge Squadron teams. It was so arcade like I don’t get why they restricted it to the cockpit view on non-VR. 

Yeah that’s the problem with space. They def needed more missions over surfaces. HUGE missed opportunity that they didn’t do a walker assault or something akin to the trench run. All the famous starfighter OT stuff that was designed to show speed went ignored as inpiration. Huge missed opportunity.

You really only got that feel when you could strafe a capitol ship.

Having a crazy busy time at work lately and so the arrival of the Lego Skywalker Saga yesterday was a welcome treat!

Only played a few hours, but really enjoying it. Lots of fun - started with Episode IV of course - it’s the right place to start! :yes:

Big open world to explore for fun side quests - you travel through the story properly rather than jump to the next mission which I like. 
Just playing through and grabbing what I can for now as lots of things need those other character types to unlock of course, but still plenty to keep me busy!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.