Tick, Tick…Boom!

Spider-Man

Another week or thereabouts and another “Torch rambles on about something he watched, read, or listened to” thread. In this moment’s episode it is the autobiographical musical life story of one Jonathan Larson… That’s the playwright, not the US Senator, nor the creator of Far Side (because he’s Gary silly). Andrew Garfield otherwise known as Peter Parker #3 portrays Jonathan Larson, the creator of Rent. The film is directed by, the man who is thankfully everywhere these days, Lin-Manuel Miranda. Check out Netflix to stream this delightful and poignant musical. Or don’t, whatever.

Afterthought: If you recall my “so excite” about The American Song Contest from when I talked about Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga… well, it’s now airing Mondays on NBC and streaming with Peacock on Tuesdays. I can confirm it is unpolished, fun, and also neat.

We watched this around Thanksgiving.  My wife stumbled upon it on Netflix and decided to give it a shot without knowing anything about it.  We enjoyed it, despite not being familiar with Larson at all before this, though I at least knew of Rent, of course.  We saw Rent recently and I could definitely see pieces of Larson's personal life in it that I likely wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.